REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Feb 14, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #46 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo_BVB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I'll see how the Lehmann compares with my GS SOLO.

I wait for your comparing
darthsmile.gif

I own a »green« Solo too - and compared Solo with Grace, Solo is a bit warmer, Grace a bit more neutral and dry in bass.

I mod my Solo with an NS LME49720HA OPA - I recommand to give this mod a chance
normal_smile .gif

With D7000 the difference are more hearable as with K701

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #47 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wait for your comparing
darthsmile.gif

I own a »green« Solo too - and compared Solo with Grace, Solo is a bit warmer, Grace a bit more neutral and dry in bass.

I mod my Solo with an NS LME49720HA OPA - I recommand to give this mod a chance
normal_smile .gif

With D7000 the difference are more hearable as with K701

Thanks for the recommendation FritzS.
I use the solo with the PSU1 rather than with the "green" switched PSU (it gives more solidity to the sound). I "filter" the sound after the DAC with a valves buffer with 2 KenRads 6SN7GT before it reaches the headamp. The buffer allows me to tailor the sound in whichever way I fancy by simply changing the valves (I have a big collection of matched 6SN7s). On top of that the Satgedac is very flexible (see my reviews in the Stagedac thread). I'm looking forward to see if the Lehmann can extract even more detail and drive my cans even better than the Solo. It is hard to imagine being better but I have a long experience of being surprised. I could not believe that the Denon D7000 could be touched until I had my Grados Gs1000i. God they are good!
atsmile.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #48 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo_BVB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the recommendation FritzS.
I use the solo with the PSU1 rather than with the "green" switched PSU (it gives more solidity to the sound). I "filter" the sound after the DAC with a valves buffer with 2 KenRads 6SN7GT before it reaches the headamp. The buffer allows me to tailor the sound in whichever way I fancy by simply changing the valves (I have a big collection of matched 6SN7s). On top of that the Satgedac is very flexible (see my reviews in the Stagedac thread). I'm looking forward to see if the Lehmann can extract even more detail and drive my cans even better than the Solo. It is hard to imagine being better but I have a long experience of being surprised. I could not believe that the Denon D7000 could be touched until I had my Grados Gs1000i. God they are good!
atsmile.gif

Lehmann BCL + StageDAC is certainly an interesting approach which I really like to move to. Let me know, if you post any review or comment. I would really love to hear yours.
beerchug.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #49 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lehmann BCL + StageDAC is certainly an interesting approach which I really like to move to. Let me know, if you post any review or comment. I would really love to hear yours.
beerchug.gif

Sure Kenta, no problem. I'll try do do a decent comparison soon. I know you were also interested in the Lehmann. I see in your signature that you finally did not buy the Stagedac and bought the Symphony instead!
gs1000.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #50 of 835
I don't know if this is relevant here, but how would this amp compare to the Goldpoint pro, or burson 160 or BCA thingee? I am looking to get a nice amp this summer to replace my LD MK5, that would last a year or two... or even more if possible. The next step up would be balanced.

I really like Meier products, but I do want to make the "best" choice.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #51 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by sokolov91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...) I do want to make the "best" choice.

Like all of us.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #54 of 835
From Meier Audio - the site says March/April availability.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #55 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Overture

(...) The Concerto, the newest amp from Meier Audio, is essentially equivalent to tAlso, my review loaner was a prototype, which is 100% representative of the final production except for the top case (...)

So the top case in final product will be different? Do You know how it will look like?

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #56 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmagus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the top case in final product will be different? Do You know how it will look like?

I do not, sorry. What Jan told me was the unit I have has an iron top case, and the production units will have aluminum. This is better, so if anything, the final production could sound even slightly better.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #59 of 835
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmagus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we can't have
frown.gif

Jan usually asks reviewers not to post any pictures of the internals. I believe he has had some bad experiences with people stealing his designs that led him to this policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back