REVIEW: Lisa III prototype - new portable amp by Phil Larocco
Aug 12, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #77 of 90
Yes, I'm testing the DT880's (250ohm) and I definitely want more gain then the standard default of 5, that I have. My recommendation is definitely get the gain increase option for 600 0hm.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #78 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I'm testing the DT880's (250ohm) and I definitely want more gain then the standard default of 5, that I have. My recommendation is definitely get the gain increase option for 600 0hm.

Default is (5?). My Hr-2 is 11 so I would say 11 or maybe even 12 would be perfect for 600ohms.

I wonder if the performance would be nearly the same at that high of a gain however.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #79 of 90
Run that by ppl....but I'm sure they wouldn't offer it if it had adverse effects on the sound! They do offer a 30 day return policy. You owe it to yourself to hear this amp, yes it's that good!

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #80 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should have updated this thread to say that the production LISA III is every bit as good as the prototype was. It's an outstanding amplifier. While of course I am not able to compare the prototype and production versions directly, there is no doubt the Lisa III is excellent, and may be the best sounding battery-powered headphone amp there is.

But not as good in most respects as the Corda Aria, for example?

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #81 of 90
With a better source you may not need a higher gain. I found that out with my audition.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #82 of 90
So will this be offered as a DIY, both or only as a finished product? The web site from 2006 says it will be a group buy and a diy with the hammon case linked.

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #83 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we buy one yet?

Yes, the LISA Standard and the Expedition are shipping, but the dedicated power supply LLP is almost ready. According to Phil, this is his best work on power supply so far.

More information on current pricing can be found at :-

http://www.triadaudio.net/phpBB3/vie....php?f=11&t=12

Hope this helps.

F. Lo

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #84 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So will this be offered as a DIY, both or only as a finished product? The web site from 2006 says it will be a group buy and a diy with the hammon case linked.

John, when Brad (Founder of TriadAudio) was in Hong Kong, we also talked about the DIY. According to Brad, he will honour the promise to make DIY boards available later, after he has fulfilled the pending orders. But the supply of DIY boards will most likely be subject to certain restrictions, in order to avoid direct competition with the commerical version. That's all I know so far, and no firm dates have been set to the best of my knowledge.

Also, the extent of DIY is not firm yet. Whether this will only include the fully built PCB, or as a complete ready to assemble kit I have no idea. But I guess Brad is going to clarify this when he is back home from vacation.

F. Lo

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #85 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But not as good in most respects as the Corda Aria, for example?

I'm not sure, that's a comparison I need to do.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #86 of 90
Sir SKYLAB , I need your help and advice. Im planning to buy a LISA III, but I want to know if there are difference in sound quality of LISA III vs LISA IIIXP. Im after the sound quality and transportability, size and weight does'nt matter to me. I will be using Senn HD-650,Beyer DT-880 and K-702, Please help me what what should I buy? standard or XP??

Thanks and more power to you,
Joey

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #87 of 90
The Lisa III std. and the Lisa III XP sound the same.
Unless one is running on low batteries (15 volt),
Or one is running on the Lisa Lab Power (24 volt)
Power does make a difference..
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #88 of 90
Where does one buy a lisa III? I have a pair of HD650's and plan on getting HD800's and would this amp power them well?

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #89 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does one buy a lisa III? I have a pair of HD650's and plan on getting HD800's and would this amp power them well?

you can get them here Lisa III Headphone Amplifier

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #90 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The LISA III is not the best amplifier you can get for high impedance headphones. I tried HD800 on the my LISA III and I have to say that as much as I love my LISA III for lots of other headphones it does not make the HD800 nor my T1 sing as I have heard them sing on other amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back