[REVIEW] Klipsch S4
Apr 28, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #17 of 28
Just little things like 1) turning the UE brand from more of a serious audiophile brand to a consumer-level brand, at least on the universal IEM market side of the business, as evidenced by the fact that it is the only major IEM brand that hasn't released any new universal flagship since 2007 (and get seriously out-done by most of their competitors). Most of Logitech low end IEM bear the UE name nowadays. 2) Cut the original 2 year warranty to half, and 3) replaced UE customer service with Logitech customer service (not that they are bad at their job, just that they don't know audio stuff much). In short, they are diluting UE brand value.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #19 of 28
spot-on review, as usual clie. i used to have these too (~6 months as my main IEM) and they were basically my "gateway drug" into IEM's. once i joined headfi though, i gave these to my dad.

the 2-year warranty is kinda nice, but also in my case it was necessary. the cable is rather weak and for whatever reason after a few months the left driver stopped working. i take pretty good care of my stuff usually; i kept them in the case when not in use, and i would say i was using them under normal conditions. luckily klipsch customer service was pretty good, and they (eventually) sent a replacement set.

i would like to also add that these are the most comfortable IEM's i've ever used; the oval silicone tips really work for my ears. if there was only a way for them to be worn cable-up more comfortably without switching channels, it would be the perfect form factor as far as comfort.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 28
I have to agree.  I picked up the ProMedias when they were on a gold box sale at amazon for $45, since i've been looking for a set of decent IEMs with a mic.  My first impressions were "Meh."  I just got them in yesterday, though, so I'll post a review after they've been properly broken in.  They are much better than my cheap-o "travel" UE Metro.Fi's were (I say "were" because the back just separated from the left monitor's body, taking the wire with it."

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #22 of 28
i just bought the s4 for use at the GYM. I couldnt bring myself to use my UM2.  Hopfully this is somthing i can use. But the UM2 have spoiled me.  I am curious to judge the s4 for myself 

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #24 of 28
Am i the only one that thought the oval bud design was bad/uncomfortable?

Possibly. I for one wish this design was more commonly implemented in IEMs

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #26 of 28
I had own a pair of S4's. It lasted me for a week. I liked it at first but in just matter of hours I started to notice it lacked mids and highs and sounded too muddy or you stuck up sponge on your ear canals....  I did *love* the bass though.  I quickly moved on to Etymotic HF5. That one started off with "meh" and it got better and better. Now it's insanely good. This is hilarious.

But If I have extra cash I would want to go back and pick up a set of S4 just for bass.  Some songs sounded really nice with it.  The S4's do have some nice set of ear buds that fit well and comfortable.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #28 of 28

Quote:
Am i the only one that thought the oval bud design was bad/uncomfortable?

i actually do find regularly shaped olives to be far more comfortable, but i every IEMs medium size that i have tried in my life seems to fit me, even the legendary triple.fi 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back