REVIEW: JMoney Audio Genuine Leather earpads for Beyer DT770/880/990
Oct 14, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #136 of 322
there really is no need to spread this throughout a bunch of threads. It is really tiresome having to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Shipment dates have been emailed. I sent both the first package shipped date as well as the date of the replacement package. Please check your email.

After reviewing my emails, I even sent you an email saying that the second package was shipped on October 1, 2009 that was when it was packaged and shipped on October 2nd.

My communication was always on time and I worked with you but after the shipment date was given on the second package, no response was given other than the one yesterday in which you told me that I was being exposed to the community for my apparent lack of communication and my plans to steal your money.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #137 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there really is no need to spread this throughout a bunch of threads. It is really tiresome having to repeat the same thing over and over again.

shipment dates emailed.

Sounds like people are trying to send you a message.

I imagine they have better things to do than chase down your threads and post in them. I wonder why they would take the time to do that?

Oct 31, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #138 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipjack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, the JMoney's provide a little less comfort to my Darth's (deep V3's) over Beyer's own (aviation) leather pads. The foam that Jeremy uses has more stiffness to them than the aviation pads. That stiffness combined with the high skull-pressure of the Darths results in a less comfortable headphone.

Yeah, I just have to disagree with myself on this one
redface.gif
I just had to bend the Y-shaped parts (yokes, as Beyerdynamic calls them) and the comfort now is just great!
So I ordered another pair of JMoney's, now both my DT990 Pro and deep Darths have JMoney pads on them.

Both times Jeremy replied very quickly on orders and payment, and sent the pads in no-time. It just took a few days to receive my nicely packed pads from Canada (I live in the EU). I am very happy with them, thanks again Jeremy! I can't say anything bad about hem: they look & feel great and I find them a very good deal price-wise (as I always bought aviation pads at €32 (+ shipping) that sounded waaayyy crappier and only lasted for a couple of months before they began to tear)

Edit:
I -sadly- just read some previous posts that even talked about scam... I have no bad experience whatsoever with JMoney. I am a very happy customer of JMoney and I have no idea what went wrong in the delivery of the pads, I just don't believe it has anything to do with Jeremy, as he's always been very quick with sending the packages and both times I received them after a few days.

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #139 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm, patient = still waiting a month after I paid in full? nothing's ever taken a month from canada to california. as for companies, they provide shipping dates and tracking information!

I felt I must pipe in here, as I first find it loathsome to post your complaints online in these threads. Complaints should be directed to the seller and dealt with through proper channels. Second, a month (4 weeks) shipping is NOT unreasonable. Many companies clearly state a 6 to 8 week shipping window. Also, shipping time doe NOT include weekends, so a month with weekends, drop-off dates, possible holidays etc may only translate into 15 or so BUSINESS DAYS shipping. And as for tracking - all that provides is notification that the shipment is in the system ONLY. It doesn't tell you that the parcel is currently on a truck going 60mph on such and such a highway and situated 173 miles from your door. All it will say is that is has been shipped or is at customs - nothing more.
A little patience and common sense is called for here.

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #140 of 322
Just installed the pads. What a bass boost
ph34r.gif
! I'm starting to seriously love those cans, just one more mod left to try.

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #142 of 322
I personally wouldn't say that a DT880 sounds good with DT770 pads.

If you want a better bass slam and more warmth, I recommend bringing a series register (something between 100 and 200 ohms) into the chain - Beyer doesn't recommend zero ohm feeding anyway.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #146 of 322
Jeremy seems to go through some hard times actually...

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #147 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeremy seems to go through some hard times actually...

...like sands through the hourglass
so are the days of our lives....

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #148 of 322
Hey has anyone tried these pads on the DT990/250 '05? (I assume '05 is the latest version, because I just ordered a pair from Amazon). These cans have some very good qualities to them, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the treble. Definitely a bit forward and strong for my tastes. Will the JMoney pads tame the treble a bit on these cans?

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #149 of 322
I have only the 600 ohm DT990/05, but I would not say that the JMoney pads tamed the treble, really - but that is in comparison to the Beyer leather pads. The jMoney pads WOULD tame the treble versus the leather pads.

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #150 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have only the 600 ohm DT990/05, but I would not say that the JMoney pads tamed the treble, really - but that is in comparison to the Beyer leather pads. The jMoney pads WOULD tame the treble versus the leather pads.

Thanks, Skylab.

If Jmoney still in business? I've been unable to access their site during the past few days. If for some reason I can't obtain the JMoney pads, would you still recommend the Beyerdynamic leather pads over the stock pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back