Review: Jerry Harvey Audio JH13 Pro
Aug 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #16 of 58
Great review. I am working with 6 different cables and the sound be brought to even greater heights but the stock cable does a fine job.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #17 of 58
Excellent review! I enjoyed very much reading it!

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #18 of 58
It's funny, with everyone waiting with baited breath for HPA's IEM shootout, none of us could've anticipated that we'd be blessed by a double-whammy of terrific reviews featuring the top customs.

You mentioned working for Jerry Harvey as a dream job, well, you could do professional reviews. He should consider putting this up on his site.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #19 of 58
That's an exquisite review and I think you just swayed the decision of at least 20 people on the site to buy these with your first few paragraphs.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #20 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's an exquisite review and I think you just swayed the decision of at least 20 people on the site to buy these with your first few paragraphs.

I was already sold, but he did certainly confirm for me what I already suspected.

It bothers me that circumstance prevented me from jumping on these when they were initially offered at a discount. At the same time, it's nice having the greater degree of confidence in your decision that comes from being able to wait for more experienced users to impart their thoughts before committing.

Again, I've never observed a product launched during the time I've been at head-fi that compares to the reception the JH13pro has received. Stereophile product of the year 2009, indeed.

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #22 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Construction:

The monitor is very well built and bears a very small overall footprint and weight. The craftsmanship is excellent with all connections solid, and the materials of high quality.

Shell:

The JH 13 Pro is crafted in hard acrylic. The shell is somewhat transparent in order for the curing process to be completed, which is conducted with UV light to kill any bacteria. The JH 13 Pros’ barrels contain two different airways for the sound to travel. My pair is turquoise blue. I refer to them as my “Blue Jays”.

For light transluscent colors, JH Audio actually uses a 3D Printer with a process called SLA (Stereolithography), which uses UV lasers to cure the acrylic resin in fine steps. The UV is not used primarily for sanitary reasons, it may be a side benefit, but the UV wavelength is used to cure the liquid acrylic into a solid instantly and precisely.

Stereolithography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-Ed

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #23 of 58
I would like to thank you for writing a wonderful review, Audiofiler. Once I have the money, I'll surely be ordering the JH13 Pros after all.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #26 of 58
Another terrific review!! Thanks for the efforts.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh God nooo! After reading such a review as excellent and compelling as this, who can say no to those JH 13.

Only those of us without the spare change.

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #29 of 58
Thanks to those that have left kind feedback on the review thus far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am working with 6 different cables and the sound be brought to even greater heights but the stock cable does a fine job.

Great to hear. Can't wait to read more on your findings on different cables for the JH13 Pro going forth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too put a huge effort into my review, and it looks like both of your reviews were quite extensive as well.

Thank you! Yes I have been working since mid-end of June.

I just got a chance to read your review and enjoyed the technical notes and your impressions on comparisons very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny, with everyone waiting with baited breath for HPA's IEM shootout, none of us could've anticipated that we'd be blessed by a double-whammy of terrific reviews featuring the top customs.

I have been away from the boards listening critically and digesting impressions. Also, I have kept very quiet on communicating on the JH products until my reviews were complete.

There are many knowledgeable members whom contribute to the community, so I appreciate your kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mentioned working for Jerry Harvey as a dream job.. He should consider putting this up on his site.

That would be uber cool!
icon10.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #30 of 58
Aloha Nicholas, just re-read your review again, fantastic work. Also thanks for the phone calls, very, very helpful. I am going for impressions tomorrow, and have already spoken with Adam about my artwork. (Flying angel on a sea of stars sound good?) Looking forward to y(ears) of listening pleasure. Thanks again, and call or look me up soon, and let me know when you want to get back to Hawaii. Mahalo nui loa brother, keep up the good work.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back