Review: Jerry Harvey Audio JH13 Pro
Oct 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #46 of 58
I figured someone with the name Mr. Green would have no trouble understanding that.
tongue.gif

I don't think it's hyperbole. It's someone trying to convey their feelings in the best way they can. If you were on the beach on a nice day in a beautiful area and said "it's like being in heaven". I don't think we'd consider it hyperbole unless someone has a stick up their .... and wanted to argue that it's technically not heaven, blah blah - but an indication of how you felt.

Sometimes, you should just try and get what people are communicating rather than mincing words like a lawyer in trial.

BTW, what did you think of the JH13s?

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #47 of 58
I havn't heard them - hence I cannot comment.
Likewise, I doubt he has transcended space and time, so I expect him to not speculate on what that is like either.

Fluffing reviews with pretty language is great, but this borders on absurdity. Not to mention that sound cannot exist outside space and time. Maybe he needs to turn up the volume.
wink.gif

Nice Shakespeare reference, by the way.
MrGreen out.

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #48 of 58
You are new here, welcome to Head-Fi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Likewise, I doubt he has transcended space and time, so I expect him to not speculate on what that is like either...
MrGreen out.

Considering the 13's ability to scale time and space within its imaging, you might be surprised where others "hath ventured" with the 13's.
smile.gif

Plus, have you never experienced a dream before while sleeping? I bet you have almost transcended space and time while trying to remain awake while watching a movie late at night a few times, I suppose.

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

MrGreen in.
Where is the device to transcend time stored on this here custom IEM? I wish to utilise it in order to remain forever youthful

The device is your brain. Just like a car that cannot drive itself anywhere, the JH 13's need assistance to teleport the wearer. You are only as old as you feel.

With music, some are able to recall back to times in their lives to reflect on the past, while also enjoying the present moment. When I listen, the JH 13's help illustrate a clearer picture of the past and present. Sometimes they even make me late for an event in the near future, as I get lost in the music..

"Great Scott!!" - [size=xx-small]Doc Brown[/size]

Happy Listening!
smile_phones.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #51 of 58
Enjoyed that mate, thanks. I never fully understand concepts like 'decay' and 'rolling off' but I get a gut feel for the sound regardless. Need to work on my terminology I guess!

One thing that intrigued me - your comment on the width of the barrell. Do you think they intentionally widen the barrell or could this be a happy coincidence from the impressions you provided? Seems to me that deviating from the shape of the impressions could potentially cause pain, no?

Anyway, thanks again, and to the other guys whose reviews I've read (loved the comparison just as much so nobody get jealous).
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

This would have been a better review without blatant hyperbole.
"Listening to the JH 13 Pro is like transcending time and space into a realm of sound and clarity that rivals most dreams I’ve had. "
I mean, come on.

MrGreen out.

I fully understand your "eye-rolling" skepticism at what appears, from the outside, to be blatant hyperbole.

However, if you get yourself a pair, and screw them in, and turn on some well sourced / well amped tunes, I wager that you too, will start searching for a verbal "handle on the moment".

(my personal favorite is: "Your jaw will drop, and your eyes will glaze over. And, they will stay that way, until you turn the music off.")

Finding words to adequately convey the magic SQ embodied in these little puppies, is a grand challenge, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back