Review: JDS Labs O2 (Black edition) + O2/ODAC discussion
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #436 of 543
O2's case is held together by screws and is intended for infrequent battery access.

So, a single set of batteries should last for years. No need to order four sets.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #440 of 543
its easy to do, but your going to have to put in into a case or use is bare bones, it has a micro usb input but no audio out jack.

you will have to hard wire or add a output jack for that....again not hard but a minor pain.

you should call JDS labs and they can sell you the jack and external case and endplates..

good luck..

A.

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #441 of 543
its easy to do, but your going to have to put in into a case or use is bare bones, it has a micro usb input but no audio out jack.

you will have to hard wire or add a output jack for that....again not hard but a minor pain.

you should call JDS labs and they can sell you the jack and external case and endplates..

good luck..

A.

+1 ^. It's not difficult. There is a lot of information to do it.

You can buy the case from JDS Labs, no need to call, just order online.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #442 of 543
Dec 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #445 of 543
Getting another O2! I sold mine 4 months ago for something that was more expensive but much worse. Big mistake.
I still think it's the 2nd best amp i've heard. The other one costs almost 3x as much new.
I like how when I connect many different sources to the O2 I can totally expect to HEAR what's connected (unless it's transparent) without much change coming from the O2.

Despite how some say the HD-650 sounds "lifeless and boring" with the O2, I actually love it. I don't want to add a single thing to the HD-650's sound.

O2 was one hyped up amp that is actually as good as they say to my ears.

Dec 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #446 of 543
I'm hopefully getting an O2 kit to build as I will add RCA inputs, power jack on the back and also 6.3mm output

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #447 of 543
Ha!!

Amazing....absolutley amazing....

Yes I have done the same thing.....all the other amps here are gone only the O2 remain are are working very, very
well!!

Alex

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #448 of 543
I must say the iFi iCan can hold its own against the O2, but costs more. It does however have some interesting sound tweaks you can alter.
I will keep the O2 though as its good for reference purposes and I really enjoy listening to it.

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #449 of 543
I must say the iFi iCan can hold its own against the O2, but costs more. It does however have some interesting sound tweaks you can alter.
I will keep the O2 though as its good for reference purposes and I really enjoy listening to it.

Well, if it sounds similar to the O2 I'd like to check it out sometime. I've always been looking for amps similar to an O2.
Right now the closest match i've found to the O2's sound is the Headroom Micro Amp, but only with the Astrodyne power supply (I won't go there..it's cheap).
It costs way more and is discontinued, but maybe i'd fail a blind A/B test between the two.
Some brighter headphones might be like 2% better on the Micro, but that's nit-picking.

I've owned many a couple dozen headphones since owning it and they all sound good with it and without any extra coloration. I bet i'd get similar results with the O2.
This makes sense considering the Micro is made by a company that sells headphones
normal_smile .gif

Like the O2, the amps sound can change depending on what's connected as a source (unless it's transparent).

BTW often when I used the O2 I'd keep forgetting it's battery powered and transportable!

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #450 of 543
The iCan can definitely compete plus it has RCA in, 6.3mm out and bass boost + 3D sound options.

Check out clieOS's review on it. He says its the only other amp he's had that was on par with the O2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back