Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Aug 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #106 of 341
Achieving a seal is pretty key to maximising IEM sound. I would respectfully suggest the failure to achieve a fit with so many different manufacturers and models would indicate it is not an isolated issue... and so serious consideration should be given to customs or exiting the game... rather than throw good money after bad

Am quite fortunate myself that anything will go in my ears
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #107 of 341
Quote:
Achieving a seal is pretty key to maximising IEM sound. I would respectfully suggest the failure to achieve a fit with so many different manufacturers and models would indicate it is not an isolated issue... and so serious consideration should be given to customs or exiting the game... rather than throw good money after bad

Am quite fortunate myself that anything will go in my ears
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm actually one of those very fortunate people who also has no issues whatsoever with virtually any and every IEM I've ever tried (and it's usually the sock medium tips that work for me, providing excellent seal, comfort and SQ). However, I was quite surprised that the one IEM I'd have comfort issues with (after ~20) was the SD2. And, if I'm to be 100% honest, I have found quite a few IEMs (apart from the ones I mentioned yesterday) to be (much) more comfortable, personally.

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #108 of 341
Add me to the list of those who get an easy seal 95% of the time stock. Comfort is another issue.

... #SD2NotReally

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #109 of 341
Well, Ultrazino's been trying to (unsuccessfully) make the FA appear to be less good than they really are, so a couple of FA fanboys felt quite a strong need to come and defend their precious baby (in this thread).

Sorry, what? I was one of the first to ever bring attention to Fischer Amps with the FA-3E past year.
And I said many times that the FA4 is a great product, only that the build quality of SD3 is better and the soundstage is bigger. Nobody with a sane brain will say this is not the case! (If you want, I can quote Michael Voigt from HiFi-Test. He details how the development of the SD3 started and it is the main feature of the product! A FA-*E does probably not come close in comfort for the majority. Sorry for your weird ears.)

I never even rooted for SD3's sound signature but I said that I expect the majority of Head-Fi to prefer the SD3. That is the reason I have this product laying right in front of me. I do enjoy the SD3 but I wouldn't own it if it weren't for this community.

And if you think the material used for the shell - aluminum or plastic - matters when both designs are fully closed, inserted equally deep with the exact same tips, then yes, I do not agree with you. You can pick that discussion up again when manufacturers start filling up the inside with cement, not sooner!

Shotgunshane, I have put a lot of work and research in my review. At all times I have been as objective as I personally can. Apparently, it was a huge waste of time and money since it's looked at as a joke.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #110 of 341
Having skimmed through twice cannot work out what source and amp is being used in the OP? The description of the PFE 232 is understandable straight from a smartphone. With external dac and amp, that IEM is a better all-rounder

In my brief demo I did consider the SD3 bass to be somewhat distracting on a AK120 and Clip. Understand why they went with it as plenty would absolutely go for it, but for my personal taste it added a niggling strike against ordering. I think the way it is described in the OP is not bad

Might email Thomann with my questions

Sep 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #113 of 341
A FA-*E does probably not come close in comfort for the majority. Sorry for your weird ears.)
C´mon Ultra .. I´m sharing the happiness with the researching by In-Ear for the "ultimate-universal-concha-form" by layering/merging 500 ear printings together but please take care on eke´s point ....

Quote:
IMO, arguing how comfy an iem is for a specific individual is a bit pointless.

Or was there some contest on overall comfy by In-Ear & Fischer Amps I´m not knowing of? 

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #114 of 341
Yes, sorry.

Quote:
Or was there some contest on overall comfy by In-Ear & Fischer Amps I´m not knowing of?

There wasn't one before music claimed I jumped into the FA thread to trash it - but actually that's exactly what he just did the other way around.

I didn't talk bad about the FA4. I said that after a quick comparison I thought the majority of this community would prefer the SD3 - this is in regard to the immense popularity of IE8 (or *big* epic sound sigs in general) and the quite positive openness to non-linear in-ears.

As for comfort, some of my friends initially also said the housing of SD were too big. But that's before I helped them with insertion and helped to find a better suited tip that allows deep enough insertion. After that, none had any discomfort at all.
I have given a detailed explanation on how to find the correct tip somewhere in this thread. Start without using any tip at all. If the tip is too big, it pushed out the shell, losing contact to the pinna, and then it gets uncomfortable for me as well.

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #115 of 341
Quote:
There wasn't one before music claimed I jumped into the FA thread to trash it - but actually that's exactly what he just did the other way around.

I never said you "jumped into the FA thread to trash" the FA-4s. However, I have said the following (and note the second post was a response to another post and using a bit of that now legendary music_4321 humour):

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But hey, if you think, and insist, that nothing beats InEar / StageDiver IEMs, that's coooool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why are all the fa4 owners here?

Well, Ultrazino's been trying to (unsuccessfully) make the FA appear to be less good than they really are, so a couple of FA fanboys felt quite a strong need to come and defend their precious baby (in this thread).

I suggest you go back and look at my recent posts, starting here, and then check the sequence of events.

Quote:

I didn't talk bad about the FA4. I said that after a quick comparison I thought the majority of this community would prefer the SD3 - this is in regard to the immense popularity of IE8 (or *big* epic sound sigs in general) and the quite positive openness to non-linear in-ears.

I haven't heard the SD3s, but I did own the IE8s at some point. I think many people who love(d) the IE8 would be most impressed by the FA-4s. I never thought the IE8's sound was "epic", BTW, but I do feel the FA-4s are pretty impressive, with a very full sound, NOT bloated—or not too bloated—and certainly not with the veiled treble the IE8s were rather notorious for.

Quote:

As for comfort, some of my friends initially also said the housing of SD were too big. But that's before I helped them with insertion and helped to find a better suited tip that allows deep enough insertion. After that, none had any discomfort at all.
I have given a detailed explanation on how to find the correct tip somewhere in this thread. Start without using any tip at all. If the tip is too big, it pushed out the shell, losing contact to the pinna, and then it gets uncomfortable for me as well.

I'll say this again: "I'm 100% sure—actually make that 200%—that Westone & Fischer Amps IEMs are more ergonomically friendly that the SD2 & SD3, if they were tested on 1000 people." Perhaps I should've added "In my not so humble opinion"

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #116 of 341
Quote:
I suggest you go back and look at my recent posts

Aren't you getting tired of this sentence? You have to post the above quote in every thread you show up, as soon as you mentioned a users nickname.
People don't like being mentioned in an not so obvious sarcastic way that leaves enough possibilities to be quoted - and quoting is the most used feature in this forum.

Your two quotes above are rubbish - neither humor nor sarcasm is obvious.

As for the SD3 vs FA4 topic, you haven't heard the SD3 so you are not qualified to participate in the slightest! However, here are two quotes from myself for you:

Back then, I would have sworn that the majority of head-fi would prefer the SD3 over FA4.
I am looking forward to revisit the FA4 next month and have a closer listen between SD3 and FA.

This is not a competition. FA4 vs SD3 is easily decided by how much bass you want - or how much you can endure.

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #117 of 341
Quote:

Aren't you getting tired of this sentence? You have to post the above quote in every thread you show up, as soon as you mentioned a users nickname.
People don't like being mentioned in an not so obvious sarcastic way that leaves enough possibilities to be quoted - and quoting is the most used feature in this forum.

Your two quotes above are rubbish - neither humor nor sarcasm is obvious.

Oh dear... perhaps you'll find this link more interesting, then: http://www.head-fi.org/t/658365/philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-new-iems-with-semi-closed-back/120#post_9405814

May I very strongly suggest you re-read every single one of my posts in this thread AND the sequence. Read them a little more slowly. Then think. And then think again. AND again maybe. This is not a pissing match—certainly NOT from my end.

This is my last post in this thread.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #119 of 341
May I very strongly suggest you re-read every single one of my posts in this thread AND the sequence. Read them a little more slowly. Then think. And then think again. AND again maybe. This is not a pissing match—certainly NOT from my end.

This is my last post in this thread.

I'm starting to think you're an attention whore. You should get yourself twitter or something.

As a stalker, you have also found out that I get misunderstood from time to time (your link started from a "what if" scenario) but I then quickly learned that people don't pick up notions easily. I am guessing it's because there are too many non-native English speakers around.

Still, I don't see your point and I'm happy you left the thread. I can see you have enough battles to fight elsewhere because not everybody is willing to read, re-read and then read again. Because we're here for reviews and not for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back