Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Feb 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #258 of 341
Haha I meant a copper cable as an upgrade over the black stock cable (not sure of the exact material of the stock cable is though)

Should be copper already. Actually, as an upgrade, I think I will go for a full silver cable, but they're not cheap. I don't know if I could get one with less than 100€. Probably not.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #259 of 341
Hi to all,
I have very wide/big ear canals and would like to know if somebody of you know where(Europe) to get nice XL silicone tips. The large stock tips(SD2) are fine for my left ear but with the right ear I have a problem with good seal. Any suggestions? That would be great. Thank you all.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #260 of 341
Heya, welcome to the SD2 club! I have been using the SD2s (with my Fiio x3ii) for almost a year now without any ssss sounding. I am currently using the JVC Spiral Dots which really brings out the best in the iems as compared to Comply Tips or Spin Fits. But using all these tips mentioned (including the stock tips), there wasn't any ssss sound.

I hope changing to different tips would help resolve issue! (cross fingers if it's a driver issue :frowning2: )
I am also considering SD2 or 4. the 4 however is the Sennheiser IE800 price region, if any of you have both, I wonder which one is best, I listen mainly to avant- prog rock, so a good bass is a must, but I like to hear instruments in a natural way, means a clarinet should sound like one:blush:

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #261 of 341
Hi to all,
I have very wide/big ear canals and would like to know if somebody of you know where(Europe) to get nice XL silicone tips. The large stock tips(SD2) are fine for my left ear but with the right ear I have a problem with good seal. Any suggestions? That would be great. Thank you all.

This is a tough one. My ear canals are also a bit on the wide side, but the large stock tips work reasonably well for me. I prefer Sony hybrid, though. You may want to give MEElec a try, particularly their bi or try flange tips might help. These should be fairly easy to get in Europe. I think I got mine from amazon.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #262 of 341

This is a tough one. My ear canals are also a bit on the wide side, but the large stock tips work reasonably well for me. I prefer Sony hybrid, though. You may want to give MEElec a try, particularly their bi or try flange tips might help. These should be fairly easy to get in Europe. I think I got mine from amazon.

thanks a lot - I will try :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #263 of 341
I am also considering SD2 or 4. the 4 however is the Sennheiser IE800 price region, if any of you have both, I wonder which one is best, I listen mainly to avant- prog rock, so a good bass is a must, but I like to hear instruments in a natural way, means a clarinet should sound like one:blush:

If listening the instrument like woodwinds I will suggest the ie800 rather than the sd4. But sd4 drums performance is better than the ie800.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #264 of 341
If listening the instrument like woodwinds I will suggest the ie800 rather than the sd4. But sd4 drums performance is better than the ie800.
Your own experience? The one I would finally choose have to do all imstruments good, but like I said in a natural way. For example with my Relisten app( iPhone/ iPod and my IE80, I can perfectly hear if the bass player use a Rickenbacker, or a Fender Jazz bass, so as an upgrade the soundstage should be big and 3D.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #265 of 341
Your own experience? The one I would finally choose have to do all imstruments good, but like I said in a natural way. For example with my Relisten app( iPhone/ iPod and my IE80, I can perfectly hear if the bass player use a Rickenbacker, or a Fender Jazz bass, so as an upgrade the soundstage should be big and 3D.

Yes, thats my own experience, i had both sd4 and ie800 before and i sold my sd4 about 2months ago.
If you are using the ipod and iphone than i will suggest the sd4 because the ie800 is really hard to fully drive it.

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #268 of 341
So you did keep the IE800? What with the fitt and cable problems much people mention?

Yes i keep my ie800 up to now.
I think is talking about the ear tips is not really comfortable, easily drop off from ears.
Also the cable there is a Y splitter between the iem and the plug that makes lots of noise when you are walking,

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #270 of 341
Why do you favor them instead of the SD4 who don't have this problems?

They are both nice iem that i ever heard heard.
But i like the ie800's soundstage and the instrument performance more than the sd4.
Also luckily i don't have any problem with the ear tips, it is very comfortable for my ears.
About the cable i use a iem clip to hold the splitter on my clothes so there wont be lots of noise when i'm walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back