Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #61 of 341
Ultrazino you are the man !!!
Please just before you go one more question:
from 1 to 10 how much bass SD3 have vs SD2
from 1 to 10 what is the soundstage on those
from 1 to 10 how is the details on both?
Your answers much appreciated.I have an SD2 on order and I listen to rap,pop, rocknroll, classical, blues and jazz, so shall I cancel my order and get the SD3 instead?
Do they have a big synergy with players with 3 ohm AKA AK120?
Many many thanks,
Levi

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #62 of 341
Quote:

OK guys, I hope that helps and will spare me some PMs. I won't be easily available in the coming days so I hope I have addressed all your questions and concerns.

Cheers for the info, most helpful!

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #63 of 341
Quote:
Ultrazino you are the man !!!
Please just before you go one more question:
from 1 to 10 how much bass SD3 have vs SD2
from 1 to 10 what is the soundstage on those
from 1 to 10 how is the details on both?
Your answers much appreciated.I have an SD2 on order and I listen to rap,pop, rocknroll, classical, blues and jazz, so shall I cancel my order and get the SD3 instead?
Do they have a big synergy with players with 3 ohm AKA AK120?
Many many thanks,
Levi

Hi Levi,

SD3 will work well with AK120. Somebody measured their reaction to higher impedance (I think it were 3 ohms) and they lose but very little bass, something that you should not even notice.

In case you are willing to use an EQ, SD3 is more versatile. I pull the bass down a bit with SD3 and then I prefer it over SD2.
A rating of 1 to 10 would not be helpful because I haven't rated any other IEMs like that and it would just be some meaningless numbers.

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #66 of 341
Jun 29, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #67 of 341
Quote:
Added my my review of the SD3 to this page:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668727/review-inear-stage-diver-3-an-experience/120

used jazz, classical, and vocal sources.

Thank you for the wonderful review.Can't wait to receive mine.
Have you tried them with AK120?
By the way we both joined Headfi on march 2009
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #68 of 341
Quote:
Thank you for the wonderful review.Can't wait to receive mine.
Have you tried them with AK120?
By the way we both joined Headfi on march 2009
wink.gif

And boy has my wallet hurt since then! Let's just say it's much lighter!
beerchug.gif

As for the AK120, I don't own one, my portable sources  that I currently use are my Galaxy 3, a Cowon J3, and a Cowon Z2. The SD3 sounds excellent out of the portables with a C&C BH2 Portable Headphone AMP, and okay out of the phone.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #71 of 341
not sure about SD4 but the SD3 is getting really close to perfect for me. After a week of listening, it seems to have opened up and became less veiled compared to my impressions.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #72 of 341
In the other threads I notice that people quickly jump to conclusions based on fit. So I will give a detailed explanation on how to insert the StageDiver correctly:

The aim is to mimic a custom in-ear. The design is different to Shure or Westone.
Remove the tips completely and hold the naked acrylic housing against your auricle. Move it around a little so you can get a feel on how the universal shell is designed and hopefully you will find a position in which it really feels like a custom.
Then try to pick the smallest tip that allows this fit yet still providing a seal. When inserting, do exactly like with hearing protection. Pull up your ear while pushing the inear into the ear canal. Readjust by pulling your ear lap down and continue to push the shell as close as possible. You should notice how the IEM continues to suck itself closer.
Caution: Negative pressure might occur. In that case the music will sound like it's under water. Just pull down your ear laps some more and allow air to come in.

I am writing this because after spending a lot of time with these inears, I am surprised people claim that Complys or large tips sound best. The SD was designed to sit as deep as possible. Bass has lower quantity and is tighter, and highs should be more linear.

Finally, the treble of both StageDivers is very refined. You should try to bring it out some more with tips that have a larger opening than the default ones.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #73 of 341
Many thanks for the explanation, I have to give a try to the JVC, they do a very good job for me with the IE80 and they have a larger opening. With my ears I can only use large tips to get the best fit, for me the SD3 sound awesome 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back