[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jul 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #256 of 786
You can quote Marco Rämisch, it were 500 ears and they said their universal fit 497 of them.
However, fit is one thing. We are not on stage performers. We think of in-ears more than just a tool or even a necessity. I imagine that some of those will say "yes, it fits" but that does not mean that they are comfortable for extended use or even mean that there are no sound issues because of a weird ear canal. So I am guessing that we enthusiasts are a lot pickier.
In case your ears are weird, you can still go for the LivePro 3 (CIEM version of StageDiver 3).

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #257 of 786
Quote:
I would not go for Complys. They protrude too far. It is best to get a short tip that allows really deep insertion. Of course every ear is shaped differently, but I definitely get the best out of both StageDivers when they are sucked onto the inside of the auricle (which makes sense since the aim is to mimic a custom). With my ear canal this is not possible with Complys or most regular tips.

The default tips are soft and hardly protrude. They are a good start, though I use UE900 tips but a smaller size than I usually choose (because the StageDiver goes really deep).

Moved back to the stock silicone again last night and although the tsx tips are excellent the silicone tips do take the engaging edge when sucked in.
Either way these just sound incredible now, defined from top to bottom and easily the best purchase I have made. Killed a chunk out of this hobby.

How did you remove the guides btw?

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #258 of 786
Quote:
How did you remove the guides btw?

I used a sharp knife to cut the plastic off and cut the wire with side-cuttting pliers. It now looks like this:

As you can see, the cable is not braided underneath the ear guides. So I can't say I recommend it although I'm doing quite well so far.

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #259 of 786
Quote:

I used a sharp knife to cut the plastic off and cut the wire with side-cuttting pliers. It now looks like this:

As you can see, the cable is not braided underneath the ear guides. So I can't say I recommend it although I'm doing quite well so far.

What I wish I'd done on a similar set of cables for another iem is to trim it right back but not remove it entirely, then it wouldn't become undone.

Thanks

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #260 of 786

Ahh ok nice though. Didn't realise you had the E17, nice too!

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #261 of 786
Finally got my set after chasing the local side for delivery. Initial impression is that it has awesome clarity. I am hearing certain tiny details that I didnt pick up even with the v6s. The highs (treble?) tends to get a bit too much for me depending on the instrument eg cymbals. Mids and Lows have more substance as compared to the W4 when listening to Les Miserable. When using stock AK100, the sound gets distorted too much which is strange as the SD3 has about the same impedance as W4. I will check again on this one when I put in more hours with the set. Currently using my iPhone 4/E12 stack to use as reference.

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #262 of 786
Quote:
Finally got my set after chasing the local side for delivery. Initial impression is that it has awesome clarity. I am hearing certain tiny details that I didnt pick up even with the v6s. The highs (treble?) tends to get a bit too much for me depending on the instrument eg cymbals. Mids and Lows have more substance as compared to the W4 when listening to Les Miserable. When using stock AK100, the sound gets distorted too much which is strange as the SD3 has about the same impedance as W4. I will check again on this one when I put in more hours with the set. Currently using my iPhone 4/E12 stack to use as reference.

Even the TG!334 sounds got distorted too much (lack of bass, more pronounce high) when using stock AK100.

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #263 of 786
Quote:

Distortion?! The only time this happened was when I didn`t realise the E17 was on gain +6. For some reason this little boost with the FiiO did make the sound distort but with high gain on the C&C BH it doesn`t.
Never hear any distortion here even when at ear busting levels. If these were going to fall over then Noisia would certainly make them but far from it.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #264 of 786
To tm.chen: treble too much? From which inear are you coming from? Certainly not from an ultimate ears. :D

What makes the sd3 so excellent is the fact that they are not simply bassy and fun, the depth is amazing(today: bohren und der club of gore-black earth, song: vigilante crusade) and it's easy to get lost in the music with these, like mentioned before: you can literally hear how much effort they have put in their products.

Grats.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #265 of 786
Quote:

Even the TG!334 sounds got distorted too much (lack of bass, more pronounce high) when using stock AK100.

how about trying AK100 with amp?

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #266 of 786
I love it, you buy a $700 DAP and it needs an amp. Not for amping mind you.

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #267 of 786
winter, save on amp and buy RWAK in this case.

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #268 of 786
Can we have an image showing your new SD3 please as stated before? Just to keep things on the straight and narrow. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #269 of 786
Can we have an image showing your new SD3 please as stated before? Just to keep things on the straight and narrow. 

Mine? Let me get a few pics after I get back home. When using the iphone with and without the amp, the SD3 performs very well. The shrilliness of some instruments is not so pronounced anymore. I will try out with the AK100 over the weekend with a select few files to find out the cause of harsh treble.

Jul 10, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #270 of 786
I am really tempted by this iem based on the fit and soundstage but it seems like there is a lot of bass based on the description. Dont know if any of you have comparisons but I like my beyerdynamic dt1350 and yuin pk1s. Would the SD-3 signature be good or if anyone can compare, the ASG-2 be better? Im currently on borderline between the two.Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back