REVIEW: HiFiman RE-262
Nov 1, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #46 of 52
Great review ,
I knew these would be good, and the combo offered great VFM, hope i get mine soon , as the delay is the only sore thing in the HM-602+262 combo. I am now eagerly waiting for the combo to arrive. will give my impressions soon . 

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #47 of 52
The hard part is any recording is already damaged.  The mic will have some inherent limitation and coloration to what it picks up.  The audio is modified when mixed into a track.  The audio signal is again damaged when being converted from electrical back to sound waves.  I person can play a trumpet as a profession, hear it in real life daily, record it with good equipment, but he will still not be able to fully recreate that sound from the recording using any hardware.  All we can hope for is minimal loss and modification.  We as the end users have no control over how it was recorded or modified.  All we can really do is pick decent converter devices (earphones) that add minimal additional change to the end reproduction of the original sound.  Even then all we can hope for is decent hardware, and even then most of us have preferences that prefer some form of coloration and modification to suit our tastes.  A lot of what we buy ends up being products that add that additional coloration or at times the lack of to get towards our best end goal.

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #48 of 52

Quote:
The hard part is any recording is already damaged.  The mic will have some inherent limitation and coloration to what it picks up.  The audio is modified when mixed into a track.  The audio signal is again damaged when being converted from electrical back to sound waves.  I person can play a trumpet as a profession, hear it in real life daily, record it with good equipment, but he will still not be able to fully recreate that sound from the recording using any hardware.  All we can hope for is minimal loss and modification.  We as the end users have no control over how it was recorded or modified.  All we can really do is pick decent converter devices (earphones) that add minimal additional change to the end reproduction of the original sound.  Even then all we can hope for is decent hardware, and even then most of us have preferences that prefer some form of coloration and modification to suit our tastes.  A lot of what we buy ends up being products that add that additional coloration or at times the lack of to get towards our best end goal.

Exactly.  Heres an interesting observation made by Stereophile in case anyone is interested.

http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/koss_esp950_electrostatic_stereophones/index3.html

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #49 of 52
yes, a recording isn't the same thing as listening to live music, but if you're not really familiar with what instruments actually sound like in a room how do you make assessments about audio reproduction? one needs a baseline familiarity with the sound of an instrument as well as groups of instruments, their dynamics and what different rooms do to sound for their to be really meaningful reviews and comparisons of a transducer's capabilities and limitations.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #50 of 52
can we get back on the 262 please ?

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #51 of 52

Quote:
can we get back on the 262 please ?

Lol, sorry.  
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #52 of 52
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/520026/re-262-new

this guy is selling a new ,unopend pair for 220 canadian $ ( 160 euros)

i wish i had the money/amp to get it
frown.gif

maybe someone else will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back