REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods other than cables (Review in Progress)
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #241 of 243
I dont care about isolation that much. The main issue for me is whether the HE-560's treble will hurt my ears like the HE-400 did (after EQ, pad mods, etc)

The HE-560's treble does not have any weird spikes like the HE-400 had. Very true to the source & quite linear on the frequency response curve. I haven't personally experience any issues with its treble, no overt brightness, and no sibilance.

HE-560 are not warm headphones though if that is the type of sound signature you enjoy. They are extremely neutral.

Jun 10, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #242 of 243
I love the sound of my HE560, but after about 4 months of listening to nothing but the HE560 I switched back to my HE500's and I think I prefer them. 

This portions sums up why I prefer the 500's over the 560's: 

The HE-560 are slightly drier sounding than the HE-500 but I would not call these analytical sounding. The HE-500 may be what we tend to call more "organic" sounding due to their slightly rounded edges of transients vs the HE-6 or HE-560....

I also think this is true of the HE500. They are more organic than the 560, even though they're not as neutral they sound more natural. Vocals are more prominent on the 500's, forward compared to the 560, which brings you to intense proximity with the singers. I very much enjoy the micro detail and stage on the 560's, but the organic full sound and touch of warmth on the 500's just wins me over in the end. When I tried the HE6 it was very much the same way as the 560's, the sound was sharp to my ears (transients). 

What HeadphoneAddict said at the beginning of his review about the 560's, that they basically disappear when worn, I feel doesn't apply to me. However this does apply to me with the 500's. 

Just my thoughts. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #243 of 243
  I love the sound of my HE560, but after about 4 months of listening to nothing but the HE560 I switched back to my HE500's and I think I prefer them. 

This portions sums up why I prefer the 500's over the 560's: 

The HE-560 are slightly drier sounding than the HE-500 but I would not call these analytical sounding. The HE-500 may be what we tend to call more "organic" sounding due to their slightly rounded edges of transients vs the HE-6 or HE-560....

I also think this is true of the HE500. They are more organic than the 560, even though they're not as neutral they sound more natural. Vocals are more prominent on the 500's, forward compared to the 560, which brings you to intense proximity with the singers. I very much enjoy the micro detail and stage on the 560's, but the organic full sound and touch of warmth on the 500's just wins me over in the end. When I tried the HE6 it was very much the same way as the 560's, the sound was sharp to my ears (transients). 

What HeadphoneAddict said at the beginning of his review about the 560's, that they basically disappear when worn, I feel doesn't apply to me. However this does apply to me with the 500's. 

Just my thoughts. 

I've had a lot going on in life, and don't have time to come here much.

I wanted to respond that with some amps the HE-560 don't disappear as well as with others, so I partially agree.  With my Eddie Current ZDT amp they work better and sound fuller than with my CEntrance DACmini for example.  

And, they work better and sound fuller, more natural and "meatier" with my RSA Lightning F-35 balanced amp if I need a portable amp, rather than my HiFi-M8 or SR-71b portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back