REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods other than cables (Review in Progress)
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #211 of 243
  Anyone have any thoughts on how an Aune T1 (not MK2) will drive the 560? Right now its pretty ok with my HE-400 - i have it at 65% max.  560 and 400 have similar specs 90db/35ohm vs 92.5db/35ohm respectively. 

The Aune can output 1000mw@32ohm..

Not sure i can afford a new amp to go with it right away. 

HiFiMAN updated their specs for the HE-560s to Impedance: 50+/-8 Ohms.  Just something to bear in mind.  Mine measured right around 50.

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #212 of 243
It seems the 560 is less sensitive than he-500 perhaps even by a significant margin. That's what the anecdotal evidence suggests.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #213 of 243
^ You should be okay for some time 
smily_headphones1.gif

It won't sound its absolute best but it will sound good 
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #214 of 243
It seems the 560 is less sensitive than he-500 perhaps even by a significant margin. That's what the anecdotal evidence suggests.

I can attest to that being so.  My HE-500s measure around 34 ohms, and on the Lyr they're rarely past 10 o'clock, while the HE-560s are pushing noon, if not higher, depending on the recording.

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #215 of 243

HiFiMAN updated their specs for the HE-560s to Impedance: 50+/-8 Ohms.  Just something to bear in mind.  Mine measured right around 50.

Ah man..thats about 40% more resistance than the 400s. Guess ill see if i can find a good used amp, and use the Aune as a DAC. 

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #216 of 243
  Ah man..thats about 40% more resistance than the 400s. Guess ill see if i can find a good used amp, and use the Aune as a DAC. 

I just read the last half of the 6 Moons review of the Lyr, and he was running the HE-6s on it.  Gushing might be putting it mildly.  While I'd like to hear the HE-560s on a SS amp, I'm quite happy with them (and the HE-500s) on the Lyr.  Hell, while I'm wishing, I'd like to hear the HD 800s on the Lyr, as that's another pairing the reviewer went gaga over.

Also, I love tubes, with quite a few ponies in the stable 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #218 of 243

I just read the last half of the 6 Moons review of the Lyr, and he was running the HE-6s on it.  Gushing might be putting it mildly.  While I'd like to hear the HE-560s on a SS amp, I'm quite happy with them (and the HE-500s) on the Lyr.  Hell, while I'm wishing, I'd like to hear the HD 800s on the Lyr, as that's another pairing the reviewer went gaga over.

Also, I love tubes, with quite a few ponies in the stable 
biggrin.gif

The Aune should be fine, my D100 has about as much power and it drives the HE560 quite well.

Found someone thatll sell me a modded Emotiva Xmini A100 for a decent price - they seem to like it over at the DIY, it should be overkill for my current 400s and probably the 560s.  But i can use it as speaker amps for a home theatre at some point i suppose. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #219 of 243
Please,

Could someone could share further information regarding the stock headphone Hifiman HE-560 cable beyond the
"a premium cable comprised of crystalline copper and crystalline silver".

Thanking you in advance.

cartrufer

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #220 of 243
4 strands of copper wire and 4 strands of silver wire afaik. So both a silver and a copper cable, actually.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #221 of 243
Please,

Could someone could share further information regarding the stock headphone Hifiman HE-560 cable beyond the
"a premium cable comprised of crystalline copper and crystalline silver".

Thanking you in advance.

cartrufer

It's a cryogenically-treated, one-directional, 99,9999999999999% oxygen free, diamond vapor coated, distortion-free, bendable, dynamic synchronized, ultra-wide-frequency compatible, electromagnetically enhanced cable, enriched with beryllium, built with conductivity stimulating production methods. I've heard it's also enriched with dihydrogenmonoxide to increase it's transient response.

Sep 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #222 of 243
biggrin.gif

It's a cryogenically-treated, one-directional, 99,9999999999999% oxygen free, diamond vapor coated, distortion-free, bendable, dynamic synchronized, ultra-wide-frequency compatible, electromagnetically enhanced cable, enriched with beryllium, built with conductivity stimulating production methods. I've heard it's also enriched with dihydrogenmonoxide to increase it's transient response.

Are you sure...?

cartrufer

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #223 of 243

biggrin.gif

Are you sure...?

cartrufer

He forgot to mention that it was made in Middle Earth by the elves.  And as a fellow member of the Inklings once remarked as Tolkien was starting to read from some story or another, "Oh God, not another #^%&^!@ elf."  Still, they make some killer cables.  I think what you really need is the Dark Lord's amp.  You know

One amp to rule them all, one amp to find them,
One amp to bring them all and in the darkness drive them.

Or something like that 
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #224 of 243

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Is it sold by Arglebargle by any chance?

On a more serious note, I can't help but be a little bummed about the revised impedance spec.  Not a big thing in the big picture, but my amp doesn't drive higher Z loads well and I was pleased the original spec of 35 ohms was lower than the LCD-2's 50 ohms which would help the amp put a little more power into the load.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #225 of 243

He forgot to mention that it was made in Middle Earth by the elves.  And as a fellow member of the Inklings once remarked as Tolkien was starting to read from some story or another, "Oh God, not another #^%&^!@ elf."  Still, they make some killer cables.  I think what you really need is the Dark Lord's amp.  You know

One amp to rule them all, one amp to find them,
One amp to bring them all and in the darkness drive them.

Or something like that 
tongue.gif

That would be the Ragnarok, it will be the end of the World as we know it, but it sounds fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back