Review: HeadAmp Pico w/ DAC
Aug 10, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #48 of 92
Asr,
Congrats on a spectacular review
beerchug.gif

How would you compare the Line out of the iAudio X5 compared to the DAC on the Pico ?
I am really tempted to know if the Pico is better, and if so by what and how much.

Sorry to hear that you sold it BTW
redface.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #49 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asr,
Congrats on a spectacular review
beerchug.gif

How would you compare the Line out of the iAudio X5 compared to the DAC on the Pico ?
I am really tempted to know if the Pico is better, and if so by what and how much.

Sorry to hear that you sold it BTW
redface.gif

The Pico's DAC has been compared favorably with other DAC's in around the $700-1000 range, do you honestly think an iAudio X5 is going to best it????

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #50 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pico's DAC has been compared favorably with other DAC's in around the $700-1000 range, do you honestly think an iAudio X5 is going to best it????

I didn't think the X5 would be better.

Quote:

and if so by what and how much.

That is the main questions, in case you didn't get it...

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #51 of 92
Quote:

Asr,

In case you forgot what your wrote, reread it quoted above, you didn't simply ask how much better the Pico's DAC would be, the bolded parts with the use of the word if imply you think the X5 might be equal to or better than the Pico.

Aug 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #52 of 92
elnero,
You are acting priggish.
What I wrote was just a way of putting things.

And for that matter, I don't automatically decide that the Pico's DAC is better, just because some people ran and compared it to a 700$ DAC.
There is a lot of hype on that product, just like every FOTM here and I am just trying to set things apart between people's excitement and the actual improvement the product might bring.

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #53 of 92
Quote:

elnero,
You are acting priggish.
What I wrote was just a way of putting things.

And for that matter, I don't automatically decide that the Pico's DAC is better, just because some people ran and compared it to a 700$ DAC.
There is a lot of hype on that product, just like every FOTM here and I am just trying to set things apart between people's excitement and the actual improvement the product might bring.

I'm not acting like anything, you wrote what you wrote and I was honestly surprised given the amount of info available over the past half year that anyone would even think it. Of course you're entitled to believe whatever you want though, it makes not an ounce of difference to me.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #57 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just noticed that asr deleted his review
frown.gif

It would be interesting to know why he removed it. Did his opinion change. Did a new amp/dac combo outshine the Pico. Or was it a Moderator decision? ASR - any comments?

By the way, silly me missed the initial review. if someone would be kind enough to post a link to it so that I can rectify my stupidity I would appreciate it.

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #58 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be interesting to know why he removed it. Did his opinion change. Did a new amp/dac combo outshine the Pico. Or was it a Moderator decision? ASR - any comments?

I think its related to one of those predator hissing threads, where he said that it will be his last post. Didn't think he'd also remove his reviews.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #59 of 92
I was looking for reviews on Pico cos' I'm planning to get a portable USB DAC cum Headphone Amp.

Too bad it is deleted....interested to know why as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back