Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Dec 6, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #166 of 237
I had a similar experience with the JAYS tips, way uncool. Are you using something like the Monster tips adapter to get the hybrids to fit on your Atrios?

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #167 of 237
Yeah I use one adapter per nozzle.  I can probably fit 2 on each nozzle and I don't know if it would make the hybrids more secure.  The strange thing is the Sony Hybrids feel more secure on the nozzle than Monster Supertips.  So for sure I won't be using Monster Supertips on them.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #169 of 237
I'm not saying the Monster Tips don't fit on them, but I think the Hybrids fit better, and if I had issues with the Hybrid, no way am I taking a chance with the Monster Tips.  Guess I'm just scarred from yesterday.  So until I'm randomly feeling mighty adventurous, I'm only using tips I can fit directly on the nozzle hahaha.

EDIT:  By the way, which of the FS sized tips do the Sensorcom tips compare to?

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #170 of 237

Quote:
The stem is so short that you can't fit them into your ears hardly at all.  So, I lengthened the stem (if you're really curious, ask about it) then tried again.

If I may ask, how did you lengthen the stem?  I can achieve a good seal with the small stock bi-flanges, but only if I apply pressure.  As soon as I remove pressure the tip slips out of my canal.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #171 of 237
Guys, I can confirm the new Atrio's come with the cream and black foams. The blacks do indeed seem more dense than the cream foams. Not sure what, if any, difference this will make to SQ or comfort (maybe more pressure on the ear canal compared to the softer cream foams?)

I am just using my cream foams from my older pair Atrio's...no point wasting them.
The MG7 sound AMAZING! No burn in yet so the bass should get tighter but the highs and sound stage are improved over the previous Atrio.

I'm going to burn them in and I can already feel that this may be the best money I have ever spent on audio equipment !!!

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #172 of 237

Quote:
If I may ask, how did you lengthen the stem?  I can achieve a good seal with the small stock bi-flanges, but only if I apply pressure.  As soon as I remove pressure the tip slips out of my canal.

Technically I didn't lengthen the stem.  What I did was take an extra tip (I bought a pack of 5 or something) and cut the stem off it, then put that on the Atrio nozzle first so that the actual biflange tip can't slide as far down onto the nozzle.  It's not a great solution, but it's quick and easy.  I can grab a photo later if you need one.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #173 of 237

Quote:
Technically I didn't lengthen the stem.  What I did was take an extra tip (I bought a pack of 5 or something) and cut the stem off it, then put that on the Atrio nozzle first so that the actual biflange tip can't slide as far down onto the nozzle.  It's not a great solution, but it's quick and easy.  I can grab a photo later if you need one.

Ah, excellent - sounds easy enough.  Thanks very much!  I'll give it a try.

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #175 of 237
Thank you for making this thread. Right now, I am using the grey tips from fs for my atrio m5 mg7 "environmentally friendly" addition headphones because they are most comfortable at the moment. I will give the small silicone tips a try for sure later on.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #178 of 237

Quote:
Guys, I can confirm the new Atrio's come with the cream and black foams. The blacks do indeed seem more dense than the cream foams. Not sure what, if any, difference this will make to SQ or comfort (maybe more pressure on the ear canal compared to the softer cream foams?)

The foam density should only effect comfort as both uses the same sound tube.  I can only use the black foams as the cream feels a little too itchy inside my ears.

Also, anybody here purchased the FS custom sleeves and experienced shrinkage with the silicon material?  My right piece either shrunk a little or my ear canal grew within the last 8 months.  I'm not sure if they are made out of medical grade silicon or not as I've been told that it is, it shouldn't shrink. Anyhow, I took advantage of the half off coupon from atrio.me to get a new set of sleeves.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #179 of 237

Quote:

The foam density should only effect comfort as both uses the same sound tube.  I can only use the black foams as the cream feels a little too itchy inside my ears.

Also, anybody here purchased the FS custom sleeves and experienced shrinkage with the silicon material?  My right piece either shrunk a little or my ear canal grew within the last 8 months.  I'm not sure if they are made out of medical grade silicon or not as I've been told that it is, it shouldn't shrink. 

The blacks are definitely causing more pressure in my ears so it seems the density does make a difference to comfort. I agree about the cream foams, they do cause a bit more itch but they sound better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back