Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Mar 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #92 of 237

Quote:
Nice indeed, congratulations. 

Thank You. I sent them out this morning back to Future Sonics for adjustments to the left SofterWear Sleeve. Hopefully I get them back by mid next week and let you all know what I think of them.

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #93 of 237
The did adjustments to the left SofterWear Sleeve and cut them back and I should be receiving them tomorrow (Friday) according to Future Sonics. WoW. that was quick. I hope they fit. She said if I have any problems with fit to call. When they took impressions of my left ear, the left ear canal has a totally different contour than the right. It has a bump and she told me the bump is still there so I can keep the seal. 

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #94 of 237
Indeed very quick, nice customer service.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #95 of 237
Okay I got my SofterWear Sleeves back today. They fixed my fitting problem with the left sleeve. I am happy now.I definitely get a good seal on both ears now. I have to correct myself when I said the bass doesn't hit hard because it does once you get a good seal which I do now. The comfort is exceptional. I just have to learn the techniques on how to put them in each ear and take them out since each ear canal is shaped differently but like the nice lady over at Future Sonics says that will take time...but it will become second nature in a month. I am really happy with my purchase. It was $178 (includes $50 for ear impressions, and 20% off from Future Sonics with the coupon that came with my Atrios) spent to get the SofterWear sleeves but for me it was worth it for because I love the Future Sonics' sound signature and the comfort & sound quality the sleeves provides. I was told they will last a long time and I can use it on future generations of Atrios. Here is a pic of my Atrios with the SofterWear Sleeves:

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #96 of 237
Hmmm so compared to stock Bi-flange how do they sound???

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #97 of 237

Quote:
Hmmm so compared to stock Bi-flange how do they sound???

The bass is deeper and more involving thanks to the tighter fit and increased skin contact. Highs are improved. Mids remain the same. Atrios are know for their narrow soundstage so what really surprised me though, was how much wider the soundstage became. The stereo field increased very noticeably, seperation became more apparent. Definitely a more enveloping soundstage. Another advantage of the SofterWear Sleeves sound quality is consistency...with the SofterWear, you'll notice that you always get consistently good sound quality, which can go back and forth depending on the fit of your universal-fit sleeves. SofterWear makes the solid sound quality much more consistent.

They also isolate better than the Bi-flanges because I do get a nice tight seal but don't expect 100% total isolation.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #98 of 237

Quote:

The bass is deeper and more involving thanks to the tighter fit and increased skin contact. Highs are improved. Mids remain the same. Atrios are know for their narrow soundstage so what really surprised me though, was how much wider the soundstage became! The stereo field increased very noticeably, seperation became more apparent. Definitely a more enveloping soundstage. They isolate better than the Bi-flanges because I do get a nice tight seal but don't expect 100% total isolation.

Good impressions. I'm glad to see you've got a good fit and are enjoying the custom sleeves. It's like having an improved iem and it's worth it for the fit alone, isn't it?

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #99 of 237

Quote:
Good impressions. I'm glad to see you've got a good fit and are enjoying the custom sleeves. It's like having an improved iem and it's worth it for the fit alone, isn't it?

Yes Kunlun. It's definitely worth it for the fit alone.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #100 of 237
Also I want to send out a very special thank you to Future Sonics for giving me the best customer service I've ever had with any company ever. I especially want to thank the nice lady...I don't know her name but she answered all my questions for weeks and weeks and was very accommodating and really treated me very special. Future Sonics has me as a customer for life now.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #101 of 237
Interesting I figured this I also figured out why people complain on the soundstage effort there a way to fix this but i'm going to keep it a secret.

As a matter of fact yesterday for the first day ever I experienced the most horrible soundstage ever I can't believe this is what people have been listening to. I would have rated them way down if it I had heard them this way.......

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #102 of 237
I used to have a problem with the soundstage, but that's because I was coming from the Klipsch s4.  Comparatively, the soundstage of the M5 is narrow, but since full burn in I have found that mine have a very accurate soundstage, that is not especially wide, but not cramped either.  It sounds like you're in the recording studio, as someone around here said.

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #103 of 237
I used to have a problem with the soundstage, but that's because I was coming from the Klipsch s4.  Comparatively, the soundstage of the M5 is narrow, but since full burn in I have found that mine have a very accurate soundstage, that is not especially wide, but not cramped either.  It sounds like you're in the recording studio, as someone around here said.

Yep, like you are in the studio with them. Normally I'd like a bigger soundstage but when the sound quality is this good, you don't really miss it.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #104 of 237
My Atrios only have 15 hours of burn in. Someone said you need 100 hours of burn in to reach their full potential.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #105 of 237
Yes, 100 hours of burn in smoothed the upper mid/lower treble peak and the bass became a little fuller. I did not notice a change in soundstage.

On another note, I'm already looking forward to the next generation of Future Sonics phones; I can't wait to see what they try next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back