[REVIEW]: Fortis Pure Silver Custom In-Ear Monitor Cables
May 16, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #31 of 36
Hi,
i have the westone 4r's which when disconnected look like they have recessed sockets, i'm thinking of getting the fortis cable and i wondered if theyhave the same matched/recessed connectors as the unique melody recessed sockets. I figure if i'm going to buy UM melody's in the future one fortis cable can be used for both, westone 4r's and UM melodys.

I also see they have JH and UE cables, if the UM fortis cable don't match would the JH or UE fortis cable match those of westone 4r's?

Thanks

May 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #33 of 36

Is this the same cable as the one in your review - they look quite different? It seems the UM Global Deal people are getting these. They look a lot like a Beat Audio cable (same case as my previous "Thor" cable came in, same gel-stuff around the plug termination and same kind of bend around the ears and same pin-connector look (or well, the part before the actual pins). Hmm.

Below is a photo of what I believe is the "Silver Sonic" cable from Beat.

May 20, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #34 of 36
I dont think it is Staal. Just read this at the start of the thread:

Please Note: The cable I reviewed is no longer offered by Amp City UK. The new Fortis now uses a different cable, which I have not heard myself. The person who designed the original Fortis is no longer affiliated with Amp City UK. You are welcome to send me a private message and I can connect you with the original manufacturer for the original, high-quality Fortis that I describe below in my review.

May 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #35 of 36
I guess I should learn to read the whole OP carefully
redface.gif

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #36 of 36
Hi Kunlun, from your previous reviews and my audition of the demo heir8A & atrios(which should bear similarities to the mg6pro), the FS already sound less warm compared to the the 8A. If listening to them side by side, I do prefer my instruments to be a little more warm and thick. So is it a good thing that with the added silver cable, the FS improves its clarity but sacrifices on its already 'less warm' signature even more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back