Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Oct 5, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #4,339 of 4,469
I am reporting that I have had no problems with my DBA-02s. I've had them for a year+. Loving them more and more each day.

For those people like me, interested in upgrading to customs, take Unique Melody into account. They are a highly respected company and they offer reshells for 169$, add 49$ for the mandatory detachable cable and you total 220$. Only a bit less than 1964 ears, but they are just as highly regarded if not higher and I think their shells are simply beautiful.

Oct 6, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #4,340 of 4,469
Yup did that thanks. Emailed them but unfortunately my set is out of warranty and they wont cover that anymore. Have a new pair of B2's so shifting gears to that

Quote:
^Hats off to Treoo and Fischer Audio for fixing my DBAs :)

@leon, just shoot an email to treoo.

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #4,343 of 4,469

Quote:
Hey guys I heard there is a new revision of the DBA-02 coming out soon? Any word on when it will hit, and how different the sound signature will be?

Nada....I just know there is v.2 coming out. It looks completely different AFAIK. Don't know about the sound.

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #4,344 of 4,469

Quote:
Nada....I just know there is v.2 coming out. It looks completely different AFAIK. Don't know about the sound.

The reason I'm asking is because my DBA-02's left sound just went dead on account of the cracked cable, and the distributor here says I can choose between getting a straight DBA-02 replacement or opt for the revision. The thing is, I don't know when the revision will be out and then if the sound differs much from the DBA-02, which I absolutely love.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #4,346 of 4,469
I really like the sound of the these B2/DBA-02, I just wish they were built a little better. My beef is with the cable and the cable relief area near the earphones.

Oct 25, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #4,347 of 4,469

Quote:
New DBA-02 will be out early next year actually. Sound might be a little different as well, due to the housing and different cable.

Damn, early next year isn't early enough for me! Assuming it's out January it would still mean I will be without a DBA-02 for 2 or 3 months... and I have no other earphones to fall back on except my Apple earbuds.

Any hints as to how the sound has changed? And how is the new cable? The one thing I don't like about the current DBA is that the cable, while nice looking, is too thin and does not fare well in a hot and humid climate such as Malaysia. I'm guessing the combination of body oil and sweat hardened the cable and makes it much more prone to cracking.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #4,348 of 4,469

i've been using DBA-2 for almost 1/2 year and i realized that cable is starting to untangle.
is there any way i can make them tangled again? i've tried twisting cable in tangled way but did not help much.
(when i leave it on table, 3 cable lines wont be together they want to seperate)
thanx~

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #4,349 of 4,469
Id personally dab a blob of super glue between the cables like every 2 or 3 inches up the cable whilst it's twisted tight - I'd do it carefully and neatly though. Don't wreck the cable like - That's what I'd do anyway

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #4,350 of 4,469
Hi, u all.
I'm reading so many reviews at the moment and have really big issues with choosing the right IEM for me.
If i get my money back i think i might buy this one. I now have a pair of Sunrise Xcape-IE but they have an major volum imbalance problem. I've seen that this one also has a few reported issues but not as much as the Xcape.

I kind of had a question about the dba-02. When u put them in your ears, is the cable going up or down?
I would prefer to wear them as the guy on this picture. So would this be the left side or the right side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back