Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jun 25, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #4,247 of 4,469
^I've been nothing but disappointed with GD AudioBase to be honest; won't be buying from them again from my last experience.

That aside, was getting a little bored with the FX700s and the SM3s, kind of missing the fun, airy sound of the TF10s I had before.

Popped in the DBA with the ZO and damn, forgot how this combo sounded.  Fast, clean, airy, extensions to forever, crisp, tight, slamming bass.  Sure, sometimes the aggressiveness of the treble can sometimes still bother me a little bit, but still fun as hell sounding.  It's like seeing your beloved ex and hooking up again in a whirlwind romance tour with a 24/7 endless bar right next to you every step of the way.

Good times.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #4,249 of 4,469

Quote:
My dba-02 are officially dead. My local headphone repairer said he couldn't open the plastic housing without breaking it. So now only one side is working. HELP :frowning2:

That's too bad - especially for such a great set of IEMs.

Have you checked the nozzle first to make sure that it's not plugged up with wax?

If it's a wiring problem then was the plug checked out before trying to get the housing cracked open? That would be the most logical place to start, not to mention the easiest.

If the problem is in the driver housing, there is a way to crack open the housing without damaging it. I don't remember where it is on this thread, but someone opened theirs up a while back. You'll have to search the thread for it.

And btw, is it still under warranty? Getting it replaced under warranty would be the best thing to do, if possible. Best if luck to you with getting it fixed. If you can't get it fixed there are two other options: the Brainwavz B2 and the Green House GH-ERC-DMS. I don't think that anyone has done a comparison of the DBA-02 and the Green House IEMs, though.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #4,250 of 4,469
I cant seem to find any post that shows you how to take out the housing? The wiring at the joint is the problem. Most probably someone can show us how. So that at least i could show my repairer how it's done.

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #4,251 of 4,469
Quote:
I cant seem to find any post that shows you how to take out the housing? The wiring at the joint is the problem. Most probably someone can show us how. So that at least i could show my repairer how it's done.

Well, I just looked through it a little bit. I thought that someone had actually said how they got them apart. I guess that they didn't, unless I missed it in my search.

Anyway, there's a little information in posts 3045 and 3076. You can try sending a PM to leonsphinx or ethan961 from those posts about taking the housings off. leonsphinx might be easier to get hold of - it seems that ethan is around sporadically.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #4,252 of 4,469
Does anyone know what are the best tips for these. I heard stock tips arent the best.

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #4,255 of 4,469

Quote:
Has me wondering if the B2s will go the same way, as they basically are DBA-02s with different colors. They may be tuned a little differently, but build quality looks exactly the same.

Oddly I haven't notice an imbalance on the B2 yet but at least the B2s are being distributed via Amazon in the US.

Jul 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #4,256 of 4,469
Yup... so far no reports of imbalance with the B2's.
Did this particular issue show up early with the DBA's? I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to look back through the thread.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #4,257 of 4,469

Quote:
Yup... so far no reports of imbalance with the B2's.
Did this particular issue show up early with the DBA's? I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to look back through the thread.
rolleyes.gif

I think there may have been one early case but it seems to be a recent trend.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #4,258 of 4,469
I bought one pair from Treoo year ago but misplaced them when moving house. They were fine for 10 months then one developed a crackle. I was going to take them apart and re-solder the joins but I can't find them.

This pair I received yesterday and instantly noticed the imbalance.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #4,260 of 4,469
Listening to Breaking Benjamin's Saturate - PC>foobar>Musiland02US>DBA, it's bright! I don't like using the EQ but I tried it anyway for fun. The DBAs are responding very nicely with foobar's EQ, boosted the bass and toned down the treble a bit - now it's
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back