Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 28, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #4,126 of 4,469
Dang, those B2s really look like DBAs in disguise!
blink.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #4,127 of 4,469
I actually have GR07's being shipped to me.

But I want to try something with an analytical sound. And something with BA's.

I would be interested in the B2 if a final version had been reviewed and compared to the DBA-02. As it stands, nobody knows for certain how close it will sound (unless I've missed some information, in which case I'd love to be enlightened).

The RE- products definitely look like good bang for the buck, but from what I can discern, they're a bit lacking as compared to DBA-02, and have a tendency to break.

Thanks for the suggestions. What I really want is the DBA-02, but I'm coming to realize that one must go through great adversity (both in acquisition and then in warranty if there's a problem) if one wants to be deemed worthy enough to own a pair.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #4,128 of 4,469
ABG...
I'm due to receive my 'review' pair of B2's either tomorrow or early next week. At that point I'll do a direct comparison to my DBA-02's.
From what I've read, the review pairs have a slightly brighter sound due to their silver cable. We'll see about that.

Also, I've ordered a pair of B2's just because they are obviously of similar lineage as the DBA's and now that they will have the same cable as the DBA's might sound identical to them as well.
I certainly hope so.

Either way... more to come.

Cheers

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #4,129 of 4,469
ABG...
I'm due to receive my 'review' pair of B2's either tomorrow or early next week. At that point I'll do a direct comparison to my DBA-02's.
From what I've read, the review pairs have a slightly brighter sound due to their silver cable. We'll see about that.

Also, I've ordered a pair of B2's just because they are obviously of similar lineage as the DBA's and now that they will have the same cable as the DBA's might sound identical to them as well.
I certainly hope so.

Either way... more to come.

Cheers

That is much appreciated! I'm sure a number of folks are intensely interested in this comparison...

To be clear, the production B2's are back to having a silver cable?

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #4,130 of 4,469
Apr 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #4,131 of 4,469
I didn't get the tracking number yet. The guy said he will email me the tracking number once it clears customs. I do fund it kind of weird that there is no tracking number even though it has been shipped since it's in customs means that they must have already sent the package. I think they are out of stock but are deceiving customers by saying that they're in stock to get more business.

Quote:
you have tracking?
I dont have that lol and ive emailed around 5 times and have not received a response except for the one months ago saying they were being prepared for shipment

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4,132 of 4,469

Quote:
I didn't get the tracking number yet. The guy said he will email me the tracking number once it clears customs. I do fund it kind of weird that there is no tracking number even though it has been shipped since it's in customs means that they must have already sent the package. I think they are out of stock but are deceiving customers by saying that they're in stock to get more business.

i ordered mine on Apr. 6, and got tracking number few days later.
I donno why arent they replying back.
Hope this thing works out soon.
 i am not ordering anything out of US now on.. for sure.

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #4,133 of 4,469
I ordered mine on the 12th and got an email about it being shipped on the 13th. I started emailing them about a tracking number a week later and was told that they will give me one once it clears customs which led me to believe that they still haven't shipped it or else they would have already given me a tracking number.

Quote:

i ordered mine on Apr. 6, and got tracking number few days later.
I donno why arent they replying back.
Hope this thing works out soon.
 i am not ordering anything out of US now on.. for sure.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #4,136 of 4,469
I ordered mine on the 12th and got an email about it being shipped on the 13th. I started emailing them about a tracking number a week later and was told that they will give me one once it clears customs which led me to believe that they still haven't shipped it or else they would have already given me a tracking number.

you know the whole customs thing starts to sound a lot like http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/550328 ...Maybe someone would like to make a similar thread to improve customer service for certain stores stocking FA products.

May 4, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #4,137 of 4,469
Heads up to any owners who like the DBA, but wished it had a little more oomph on the low end.  You must owe it to yourself and check out the ZO subwoofer.  I don't think I've quite enjoyed the sound out of these quite as much as I am right now with the ZO. 

No tedious, long meticulous sessions of EQ'ing or amp matching, just plug and play and... wow, quality bass with the trademark clear mids and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back