Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Feb 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #3,781 of 4,469

Quote:
YES! That is the reason I am so enamored with the DBA-02!!! The only other IEM to sound like "music/life" to me was the JH-13. The slight bass roll-off is easily fixed with a little surgical EQ and for most music, it's not even needed. The tonal accuracy, precise imaging and natural sound on these makes them ideal for those audiophiles who appreciate a speaker/headphone/iem that can make an amazing recording sound like a "real life" performance. In my experience, that ability to transform a great recording into a real life event is something that is rare and often, very expensive. The DBA-02's price is very little money to pay to have certain artists resurrected from the dead and perform just for you.
bigsmile_face.gif

i like this post, i agree with you guys 100% about the DBA-02...

Anaxilus...you're giving me the itch to order the Arrow much sooner than im trying to keep myself haha...i still havent even received my S:Flo2 yet to hear the difference from my current Rockboxed Fuze/E5 rig yet...

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #3,782 of 4,469
I find the Sansa Fuze bass lacking for the DBAs, however the Sansa Fuze>LOD>E5 is more balanced but not as smooth as the Archos 70 which is a great straight DAP source for the DBAs. Sansa Fuze>LOD>E5 sounds edgy/digital.

I'm relistening to my fave music/albums again.

Garbage's Ver2.0 has been one of my bass reference material and now it has become a treble reference as well when I hear the high details on the DBAs \m/

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #3,783 of 4,469
My left dba just decided to stop working overnight :frowning2: Sound still comes out but it's very faint and there's no highs at all. Almost as if one of the drivers died. I'll wait a day or two then start looking into warranty stuff, only had them since a week before Xmas too.

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #3,784 of 4,469

Quote:
My left dba just decided to stop working overnight
frown.gif
Sound still comes out but it's very faint and there's no highs at all. Almost as if one of the drivers died. I'll wait a day or two then start looking into warranty stuff, only had them since a week before Xmas too.

Might be that you got them wet. Put them in a jar of rice. If that doesn't work, try playing them at a loud volume.

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #3,785 of 4,469
You mean you can't swim with these? Bah!
etysmile.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #3,786 of 4,469

Quote:
Might be that you got them wet. Put them in a jar of rice. If that doesn't work, try playing them at a loud volume.

Maybe if they took my gym card and went for a swim overnight; after managing to get out of a pelican hardcase :p I'm almost thinking it might be my phone now, have to try another source or two when I get home. 

Is there anyway to take the filters off? I cleaned them out last week with a small screwdriver and they worked fine all weekend and up until today. Wondering if maybe some earwax is just clogging up the driver port (or hole, whatever you call it). 

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #3,787 of 4,469
I just have another suggestion for tips with these, based on my own experiences.

Klipsch ovals tamed the bass a little too much, and the small black tips that came with the DBA-02s were hard to get a good seal and a little uncomfortable.

After a bunch of experimenting, I found that the tips from the Brainwavz Alpha fits as well, a little loose, but that was fixed with a layer of electrical tape around the sound tube.

Sounds the best and fullest out of all the tips I have tried so far, and the seal is incredibly easy, for my ears at least. Just another suggestion for those with comfort/fit  issues :)

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #3,788 of 4,469
Which ovals did you use?  Single or double flange?  I can't imagine doubles taming the bass.  That's how I get my bass.  I must be missing out on some serious Monster bass thumping.  
blink.gif
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3,789 of 4,469

Quote:
Which ovals did you use?  Single or double flange?  I can't imagine doubles taming the bass.  That's how I get my bass.  I must be missing out on some serious Monster bass thumping.  
blink.gif
wink.gif

I used the single flanges. I seem to have extremely small ear canals or something, as with any triple/double flange tip I either can't get a seal, or it won't even go in without hurting
tongue.gif
. Single flanges are the only ones that work.

The best part is, with the Brainwavz tips, I don't even have to push them in for 'deep' insertion. They seat perfectly as soon as I place the earphones in. Even in my right ear, which seems to be notoriously picky.

I'm a very happy camper right now
cool.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #3,790 of 4,469
Hey, this question has probably been covered extensively already, but 253 pages is a lot to sift through, so what I was wondering is what eartips fit well on the DBA-02? I read somewhere that Comply T100's fit well, is there a general consensus on these phones regarding eartips? I also want to bear in mind value for money- I dont want to spend fifteen quid on eartips that will only last a month.

Best
Tom

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #3,791 of 4,469
LMAO this whole thread is about tips so I suggest you go through the middle part of it. For me personally, the stock triple flanges work well. 

Quote:
Hey, this question has probably been covered extensively already, but 253 pages is a lot to sift through, so what I was wondering is what eartips fit well on the DBA-02? I read somewhere that Comply T100's fit well, is there a general consensus on these phones regarding eartips? I also want to bear in mind value for money- I dont want to spend fifteen quid on eartips that will only last a month.

Best
Tom

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #3,792 of 4,469
Hey, this question has probably been covered extensively already, but 253 pages is a lot to sift through, so what I was wondering is what eartips fit well on the DBA-02?

The 'Search this thread" feature is one of the BEST things about the HF forums.  The general consensus is:

Klipsch tri-flanges
Comply P-Types (overhang trimmed) & T/Tx-100

Some mentioned the Shure Olives too I think..

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #3,793 of 4,469

Quote:
The 'Search this thread" feature is one of the BEST things about the HF forums.  The general consensus is:

Klipsch tri-flanges

Correct except Klipsch only goes up to doubles or bi-flanges.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3,794 of 4,469

Quote:

Klipsch tri-flanges

Ety triple flanges?
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #3,795 of 4,469

Quote:

LMAO agreed, if half the new users only used the search this thread or the search function the number of new threads would be reduced dramatically 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back