Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 28, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #3,349 of 4,469
I ordered a pair yesterday and it says they were in stock. I checked my status today and it says they are preauthorized... does that mean I have to wait for the next stock or is it just lag in the system?

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #3,350 of 4,469

Quote:
I ordered a pair yesterday and it says they were in stock. I checked my status today and it says they are preauthorized... does that mean I have to wait for the next stock or is it just lag in the system?

Mine says exactly the same even though it's taken the money out and I've got an email confirmation of the order, maybe it's because it's Sunday
rolleyes.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #3,351 of 4,469
Plus I absolutely hate when companies take your money, say your order has been confirmed, then email you back a day or two later saying 'Sorry we are currently out of stock' - Erm, how about you send me the item before I pay then because my wallet is 'out of stock'...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #3,352 of 4,469
I hope that's the case. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting but I'm buying them as a gift so I need them soon!

Quote:
Quote:

Mine says exactly the same even though it's taken the money out and I've got an email confirmation of the order, maybe it's because it's Sunday
rolleyes.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #3,353 of 4,469

Quote:
I hope that's the case. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting but I'm buying them as a gift so I need them soon!

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Your order is safe, don't worry.
The reason that some orders are still pre-authorized is to ensure that there is stock and that your money won't be taken if there isn't stock. We're waiting to hear back from some people who ordered over a month ago whose pre-authorizations expired - they waited the longest and should receive stock priority. Once that is taken care of, other orders will be processed. That should mostly happen today though, I'm working a weekend for you guys. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #3,354 of 4,469
I'm all good for waiting :)
It's just when my money gets taken out and 'then' I find out there is no stock when I get annoyed - Like I said it would never happen the other way around
biggrin.gif

Hope it all goes smoothly, and thanks!
redface.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #3,355 of 4,469
Thanks for your hard work Ethan!! Sorry for being such a pain
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

The reason that some orders are still pre-authorized is to ensure that there is stock and that your money won't be taken if there isn't stock. We're waiting to hear back from some people who ordered over a month ago whose pre-authorizations expired - they waited the longest and should receive stock priority. Once that is taken care of, other orders will be processed. That should mostly happen today though, I'm working a weekend for you guys. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #3,356 of 4,469

Quote:
The FA-004 and DBA-02 have very different sound signatures. The FA-004 is colored in comparison to the DBA-02 as it has a noticeable bass hump and more flavor to mids. If you want a more similar sound signature to the DBA-02 as well as comfort and isolation, try the FA-003. I can wear the FA-003, amp it with the Mystify and still not wake up my wife sleeping right next to me. Keep in mind that my wife is a light sleeper. The FA-003 provides great isolation both from the outside and vice versa.

That being said, if your looking for a more fun and musical sound signature in bigger cans, try the FA-004. They still isolate well and are comfortable...just not as much as the FA-003.  They really are a bargain!

LFF,

How does the detail, clarity, & soundstage of the FA-004 compare to the DBA?  After reading your FA-004 review, it sounds like the 004 has a more laid-back (almost Sennheiser-ish) sound.. is that an accurate assumption or is the ?  The DBA does mids & highs with amazing clarity & definition. The DBA is the only FA product I have currently (the SB & 004 on the way) so I'm wondering if how the DBAs do mids & highs are a characteristic of the FA house sound.

The FA-004 isn't a laid back phone. It's a fun and lively headphone. It is still a fairly neutral headphone but not as neutral as the DBA or FA-003. The soundstage is accurate. It doesn't add nor take away what's already there.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #3,357 of 4,469
If you live nearby we can swap our setups for a day :D

Quote:
I've been through a lot of IEM'S and i have to say that the Sm3 do everything better then the previously owned ie. Re0,Silver Bullet, TF10, MTPC, CK 10. Hands down the Sm3 take the cake. The soundstage is mind boggling for an IEM.Very 3D Presentation. The Natural reproduction of these things is something to behold. You gotta try these things or put them on your must have list. Cheers
Quote:
Becoming insane is one of my favorite tracks as well, the uDac-2 and the DBA-02 were cheaper than the SM3 alone, I'm really curious about them and would love to audition them one day..

Quote:
From the reviews it seems quite nice, I've never owned either. I'm currently using Sansa Fuze=Lod=Stepdance=Sm3 combo and love listening to Infected Mushroom on it. Favorite song from them would be a toss up between Franks  and Becoming insane.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #3,358 of 4,469

Is there some way you would let us know if we have to wait for the next batch to come in? Like I said, I need this as a gift so I can't wait till the next stock comes in. Say for example if my status stays as pre-authorized past a certain date?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #3,359 of 4,469

You'll get an e-mail if that's the case. As far as I know right now there should be no issue for anyone who placed an order.
Quote:
Is there some way you would let us know if we have to wait for the next batch to come in? Like I said, I need this as a gift so I can't wait till the next stock comes in. Say for example if my status stays as pre-authorized past a certain date?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #3,360 of 4,469

Good to know! Thanks again!
Quote:
You'll get an e-mail if that's the case. As far as I know right now there should be no issue for anyone who placed an order.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back