Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 24, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #3,318 of 4,469
Quote:
Yeah, well the website just says out of stock now and doesn't give an option to pre-order. I'm going to wait till Friday and see how it pans out, if Ethan just got them a few days ago it may take a couple days to get through all the orders. 

Quote:
Wow...flying off shelves like hot cakes...Do they only get 5 IEMs every shipment?  These IEMs are never in stock.

Check the website - it says they are in stock. Go go go!!!!!

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #3,319 of 4,469
I just updated the site to reflect the change in stock quantities. What happened was that the allocated backorder quantity was reached - and it was pure coincidence that that was filled up right when I got the shipment in. I didn't want a situation like last time where the entire shipment was sold before it arrived, thus leaving those who wanted to place an order when they were in out in the cold. It will take a couple days to churn through them all, as well as sort out the orders for whom the pre-auth expired. Those people will get an email shortly - don't worry about losing your spot.

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #3,320 of 4,469

Quote:
I am proud owner of two pairs. They are not for sale, so do not pm me.

Lol, so cruel.  
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #3,321 of 4,469
Great, replied already XD 

Quote:
I just updated the site to reflect the change in stock quantities. What happened was that the allocated backorder quantity was reached - and it was pure coincidence that that was filled up right when I got the shipment in. I didn't want a situation like last time where the entire shipment was sold before it arrived, thus leaving those who wanted to place an order when they were in out in the cold. It will take a couple days to churn through them all, as well as sort out the orders for whom the pre-auth expired. Those people will get an email shortly - don't worry about losing your spot.

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #3,325 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
Fantastic. Just ordered. Can't wait to he
smily_headphones1.gif
ar them! 

You'll be in for a treat!

LFF, as someone who has tried the DBA-02's and the FA004 headphones how would you say they compare as regards sound quality? I know one is an iem and one is a "normal" headphone but I need something to use whilst listening to music in bed and that doesn't leak too much sound. Also will the FA004's be comfortable enough to wear in bed?

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #3,326 of 4,469

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Fantastic. Just ordered. Can't wait to he
smily_headphones1.gif
ar them! 

You'll be in for a treat!

LFF, as someone who has tried the DBA-02's and the FA004 headphones how would you say they compare as regards sound quality? I know one is an iem and one is a "normal" headphone but I need something to use whilst listening to music in bed and that doesn't leak too much sound. Also will the FA004's be comfortable enough to wear in bed?

The FA-004 and DBA-02 have very different sound signatures. The FA-004 is colored in comparison to the DBA-02 as it has a noticeable bass hump and more flavor to mids. If you want a more similar sound signature to the DBA-02 as well as comfort and isolation, try the FA-003. I can wear the FA-003, amp it with the Mystify and still not wake up my wife sleeping right next to me. Keep in mind that my wife is a light sleeper. The FA-003 provides great isolation both from the outside and vice versa.

That being said, if your looking for a more fun and musical sound signature in bigger cans, try the FA-004. They still isolate well and are comfortable...just not as much as the FA-003.  They really are a bargain!

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #3,327 of 4,469
Hi , Can anybody compare DBA-02 with RE252's ?
I currently own the RE252's and i am pretty much satisfied with there sound .
Just miss the low end sub bass frequencies .

What all DBA-02 offers more than RE252 ?

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #3,328 of 4,469
I like the DBA-02 quite a bit more than the RE252 but they don't beat beat the 252 for bass extension. You will get more treble, sharper transients, and some more detail, speed and transparency. The bass is tighter and more well defined but the low bass extension is one of the things that falls short of the high end, IME.

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #3,329 of 4,469

Quote:
I like the DBA-02 quite a bit more than the RE252 but they don't beat beat the 252 for bass extension. You will get more treble, sharper transients, and some more detail, speed and transparency. The bass is tighter and more well defined but the low bass extension is one of the things that falls short of the high end, IME.

Thanks , any other IEM , that has everything of RE252 + a lil more tight punchy low end bass ???

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #3,330 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks , any other IEM , that has everything of RE252 + a lil more tight punchy low end bass ???

The only IEM I could think on the top of my head is maybe the Monster Turbine Pro Copper... but that's also in an entirely different price range.
Maybe Pro Gold would work just as well? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back