Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Nov 9, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #3,121 of 4,469
Nov 9, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #3,122 of 4,469
I am looking for a phone to replace my Radius DDMs which I liked very much, but lost.   I will be using them primarily while traveling and for working out, mostly working out.  So a phone that is great with high energy music is key.  I listen with my iPhone 4 without an amp.  Low microphonics, moderate isolation are important.

I also listen a lot to the Pandora App on the iPhone.  It is streamming MP3 music that actually sounds pretty good most of the time.  But I want to be sure the phone I get won't accentuate the MP3 artifacts.  My interpretation of peoples comments of the DBA-02 is that it is analytical but doesn't accentuate shrillness or sibilance, so it sounds like it might work well.  

Ideas?

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #3,123 of 4,469
Quote:
I am looking for a phone to replace my Radius DDMs which I liked very much, but lost.   I will be using them primarily while traveling and for working out, mostly working out.  So a phone that is great with high energy music is key.  I listen with my iPhone 4 without an amp.  Low microphonics, moderate isolation are important.

I also listen a lot to the Pandora App on the iPhone.  It is streamming MP3 music that actually sounds pretty good most of the time.  But I want to be sure the phone I get won't accentuate the MP3 artifacts.  My interpretation of peoples comments of the DBA-02 is that it is analytical but doesn't accentuate shrillness or sibilance, so it sounds like it might work well.  

Ideas?

The DBA-02 probably wouldn't be good for you. They're a far cry from the DDMs based on the reviews that I've read about the DDMs. The DBAs isolate fairly well and have low microphonics, but you should read back a few pages about peoples' accounts of using them while working out. They seem to be able to fill up with sweat if you sweat a lot while working out.

Also, something like a streaming MP3 service probably wouldn't sound very good on the DBAs. AFAIK, most (maybe all) MP3 streaming services provide low-bitrate songs. Like many people have said before on this thread about the DBAs - crap in, crap out. The DBAs are definitely a lot better with good quality songs.

Though if you like a more neutral sounding IEM you might want to give them a try.

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #3,125 of 4,469

Quote:

Ideas?

Where did you loose your DDM? Perhaps I can find them 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #3,126 of 4,469

Quote:
Emailed my cancellation about a week ago and called on Fri to confirm. Budgen is still holding my Paypal.
frown.gif
 I'm not concerned but.....

10 days and 3 contacts. Still waiting. Ethan, I see you've got time to post. How about you act on the 2 emails or do as discussed on the phone. Sorry, but customer service is part of any product or business.

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #3,129 of 4,469
I have tried all the tips that came with them, but the medium normal ones seem to be the best so far. the other ones reduce the bass, and we know these doesn't have that much bass to start with

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #3,130 of 4,469

Quote:
I have tried all the tips that came with them, but the medium normal ones seem to be the best so far. the other ones reduce the bass, and we know these doesn't have that much bass to start with

Try Comply foamies (P-type). Do not trim them down... they will reduce the highs... slightly.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #3,131 of 4,469
Well I have some complies at home, but the nozzle is just to small with these to fit other tips...

Quote:
Quote:

Try Comply foamies (P-type). Do not trim them down... they will reduce the highs... slightly.

Nov 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #3,132 of 4,469

Sorry you've been waiting, I've gone through my emails a few times but I don't know which cancellation is yours specifically. The site itself does not send a notification when a payment is declined, but it should show up in PayPal. I've taken care of all the cancellations I can see, but if yours still isn't showing up for some reason, let me know and I'll make sure that gets cancelled.
I am a full time student with an additional job, so I can't always act upon things as quickly as I would like to, although I try my best.
Quote:
Quote:
Emailed my cancellation about a week ago and called on Fri to confirm. Budgen is still holding my Paypal.
frown.gif
 I'm not concerned but.....

10 days and 3 contacts. Still waiting. Ethan, I see you've got time to post. How about you act on the 2 emails or do as discussed on the phone. Sorry, but customer service is part of any product or business.

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #3,134 of 4,469

Quote:
Well I have some complies at home, but the nozzle is just to small with these to fit other tips...

Well that confuses me as I use Comply's exclusively and have no problem whatsoever putting them on or off the nozzle. I did have trouble with the Shure Olives, so I stopped using them. They were extremely difficult to get on... or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back