Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #1,742 of 4,469

Nice!
Any sibilance? Also, if you'd like to try...can you comfortably walk around/jog with them?
Quote:
YES! I finally have them!

I'm probably the first one to get them from Treoo... Given I went to their place to collect it 9 hours after they received it! Apparently I live about 1km from their office...

So far I'm having a hard time getting them to fit, can't seem to get a proper seal. Maybe my ear canals have expended from extended TF10 usage...

Now using the largest tips. The triple flanges go too deep for my comfort.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #1,743 of 4,469

Quote:
Where did you get your DBA-02? how long have you had them? Could you compare them to another BA earphones, such as SM3, or e-q7 or CK10?

I briefly mentioned the e-Q7 and CK10 I believe in the review I wrote up a while ago. The CK10 is more comparable since they sound much closer to the DBA-02.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #1,745 of 4,469
Wuhoo! Congrats bro. I hope you get a better fit soon.

Quote:

I'm probably the first one to get them from Treoo... Given I went to their place to collect it 9 hours after they received it! Apparently I live about 1km from their office...

So far I'm having a hard time getting them to fit, can't seem to get a proper seal. Maybe my ear canals have expended from extended TF10 usage...

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #1,746 of 4,469
Pics of the entire package and what's inside please! :)

Quote:

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #1,747 of 4,469
^Saw them pics at FB (using me wifey's account :p) FA's really awesome!!! I was impressed with their FA-003 accessories (I don't own them) but the DBA's even more impressive!

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #1,748 of 4,469

Quote:
Nice!
Any sibilance? Also, if you'd like to try...can you comfortably walk around/jog with them?

Hmm... Funny you should ask. I think the DBA is very sibilant right out of the box... Given that their suppose to sound like the FA-003, its something I think would disappear with burn-in. Nice soundstage and detail though.

They are pretty secure on my ears and should be able to handle jogging easily. Moreover, very light, won't easily come out of your ears.

As for fit, the largest tips will do for now. Maybe I'll go get some double flanges.

You can get pictures of the package at Treoo's Facebook page. But here are mine anyway..

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #1,749 of 4,469

Quote:
Hmm... Funny you should ask. I think the DBA is very sibilant right out of the box... Given that their suppose to sound like the FA-003, its something I think would disappear with burn-in. Nice soundstage and detail though.

They are pretty secure on my ears and should be able to handle jogging easily. Moreover, very light, won't easily come out of your ears.

As for fit, the largest tips will do for now. Maybe I'll go get some double flanges.

Finally, I don't have a camera personally so pictures will kinda hard for me to get. You can get pictures of the package at Treoo's Facebook page though.

Comes with a total 3 sets of single flange (similar to the shure ones I have) tips, a pair of triple flanges and two more sets of single flange which are in different colors (Don't know what they are). Also comes with a nice pouch, something that lets you secure the wires over your ears (similar to memory wire) and something for cable management.

Congrats Avery for being the first in Singapore (probably the world) to obtain it :)
Have fun with the new IEM :)

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #1,750 of 4,469
Whoaaaa are all those tips silicone because I'm still planning to slip on some Shure Foam Olives day one I get these.

*Edit
I assume those ear hooks will improve comfortability or stableness for over-the-ear wearers (like I) correct?

What's that monkey wrench shaped tool do?

I have to admit I'm excited to get these again!

Aug 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #1,752 of 4,469
    Quote:
Whoaaaa are all those tips silicone because I'm still planning to slip on some Shure Foam Olives day one I get these.

Yup... All silicone.

Edit: Sry for double post my internet is really kinky....

I assume those ear hooks will improve comfortability or stableness for over-the-ear wearers (like I) correct?
- Maybe. Haven't tried them, the DBAs are pretty comfortable/stable even without them. I also don't like the idea of stuffing the wires into them.

What's that monkey wrench shaped tool do?
- Helps to manage the wire, you can see in my 1st pic where I (crudely) wrapped the wire around it inside the box.

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,754 of 4,469
Thank you Mr. Arroyo, I'm glad my efforts are noticed. Personally, I try to do what should be done, even if other companies typically don't. I don't base my standards on others, only on myself. I try to do the best I can, especially with this not being my day job.

woah nice new packaging, im glad they even put additional flange.

quite curious is that a sony hybrid tips what im seeing.

It looks like something designed with the same principle but for the smaller nozzle and with something similar to what Monster has done with the foam SuperTips, where the core material extends over the very tip, not just in the core like a standard Hybrid. That is said to help eliminate any sound characteristics of the outer silicone, which is ideal for SuperTips which aim to sound like silicone but feel like foam. I wouldn't expect it to change it a whole bunch in this case though, as it doesn't extend far over the top. It's just interesting to note, as I don't think we've seen this kind of tip before.

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #1,755 of 4,469

Quote:
It looks like something designed with the same principle but for the smaller nozzle and with something similar to what Monster has done with the foam SuperTips, where the core material extends over the very tip, not just in the core like a standard Hybrid. That is said to help eliminate any sound characteristics of the outer silicone, which is ideal for SuperTips which aim to sound like silicone but feel like foam. I wouldn't expect it to change it a whole bunch in this case though, as it doesn't extend far over the top. It's just interesting to note, as I don't think we've seen this kind of tip before.

Wonderful. I always wanted to try those SuperTips.

I assume the FA hybrid tips are the colored ones correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back