Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 23, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #1,606 of 4,469
@shane55

Probably it has been discussed around -I don't have much time to dig though, I really wonder about your opinion while moving from SM3 to DBA-02.
regular_smile .gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #1,607 of 4,469

Quote:
@shane55

Probably it has been discussed around -I don't have much time to dig though, I really wonder about your opinion while moving from SM3 to DBA-02.
regular_smile .gif

He was trying to do a 3 way comparo DBA, SM3, 535 but the DBA hasn't made it.  His opinion on the DBA is as good as mine.  Thats to say worthless.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #1,610 of 4,469
It means exactly what it says. He doesn't know how the DBA-02 sounds like since he does not have it.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #1,611 of 4,469
The issues at the factory should not affect QC at all as this batch is technically a month overdue. The issues have been with the packing, nothing with the IEMs themselves. There was actually another batch scheduled to be finished around now.
No need to worry, nothing is being rushed.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #1,612 of 4,469
I know there is one person who has heard both (FX-700 and DBA) and disparaged the DBAs, basically saying they are not even close to the JVCs. I can't comment, never heard the FX-700. But that same person preferred the SM3s over the DBAs by similar margin, and on that I can comment. It's well-known I chose the DBAs over the SM3s because, to me, the DBAs sound better. One of my best HF friends, Average_Joe, disagrees with me too. But I can only report what I heard, and it was in the end a pretty easy decision. I guess I just prefer a cleaner, clearer, sound. In his review, LFF says he has never heard a more natural sounding universal in the DBA, and I agree. I, like a few other SM3 others, felt the Earsonics phones were veiled and way too "soft" for lack of a better term. I believe Shane, Music_4321 and one or two others heard them that way as well. Just not a signature that did it for us. But each to his or her own.

I might be interested in hearing the FX-700s, because they sound interesting. But I am no longer interested in paying $250+ for universals. I have owned several pair of top tier IEMs, and they all let me down. So to me, customs are the only place I will land next on any high-cost travels re IEMs. I may even keep that down by getting the JH5s.

I really do hope people get their DBAs soon. Feels odd having two pair, but I am so concerned of not having them around, I can't even bear to lend them out.

Quote:
Meaning you didn't like the DBA-02 and prefers SM3?

Anyone knows how is it compared to FX700?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #1,613 of 4,469
Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
I would love to hear three of them given the chance and report back if I can.
There's plenty of head-fi stuff that I'm busy with right now so waiting for the DBA's not a big deal for me :)
Would love to compare the DBA's with stock Fostex T50RP for one thing.

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #1,614 of 4,469
Ok... Damn! I have finally listened to my DBA's with my headsix in low gain. All im gonna say it "WOW" the bass is unreal with some dance tracks! Amped these things are a different beast!

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #1,615 of 4,469

Quote:
Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
I would love to hear three of them given the chance and report back if I can.
There's plenty of head-fi stuff that I'm busy with right now so waiting for the DBA's not a big deal for me :)
Would love to compare the DBA's with stock Fostex T50RP for one thing.

DBA v. T50RP.  That would be an odd comparison.  Hope you have a great amp.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #1,616 of 4,469

Quote:
Ok... Damn! I have finally listened to my DBA's with my headsix in low gain. All im gonna say it "WOW" the bass is unreal with some dance tracks! Amped these things are a different beast!

what do you use for interconnect? once i've listened to friends headsix paired with my jena copper lod to phonak grey filter and it sound's great it really make the bass tighter and more impact but also make their treble a bit harsh in some ways.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #1,618 of 4,469
Aug 24, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #1,620 of 4,469
@ Anaxilus and rawrster
Cheers gents. Thanks for filling in for me while I was tending to my sheep. 
rolleyes.gif

ksc75smile.gif

But alas, as was said so eloquently, I have no DBA-02. I, like so many others await their arrival. Ugh... patiently.

I will not be able to 3-way the comparison. I sent off my SM3 today to a fine gentleman and put my SE535's up for sale just this afternoon. So it won't even be a 2-way comparison.
However, the sound of the SM3 and SE535 could not be more indelibly etched in my memory. (Besides... I've got lots of notes.) pun intended.

shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back