Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 22, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #1,591 of 4,469

Quote:
If I was told that the order was processed and money taken, does that mean it has shipped?

I was expecting these to be shipped out to me, and therefore to everyone, soon, so I captured the funds in preparation. Had I known it would have been this long still before they shipped out to me, I would have waited longer to capture the funds.
So, as such, they will not be shipped until you get an 'Order' Complete' notification. You'll get it in your mailbox, so there's no need to keep checking on the site, as the latest information will go straight to your e-mail. I may start a newsletter, so watch for that too.

I appreciate all the patience from those who are patiently waiting. The sale was intended to be a bit of a compensation for the wait in the first place, although I certainly did not expect it to be this long. I was told end of July, so end of July I put up. I put up early August to be safe.

If this wasn't a 'sale' situation, you'd all be getting discounts, but you could say I just did it ahead of time. I could toss in something free, but nothing works better than cash that you can do whatever you want with. If you want a case, you can buy a case and keep the leftover $13.

I hope everyone understands what's going on and the reasoning behind everything.

I was recently informed that part of the delays is that the factory had some difficulty with packing and staff to do the packing. This batch of DBA is being packed at the factory, rather than in Russia like the last batch, so that is one new aspect for the factory to deal with when it comes to the DBA, as well as increased production. Even though on the surface it looks like it's causing delays, it's still faster than if they were to be packed in Russia, as they would have to go to Russia, be packed, then be sent here unless Russia sent all the boxes to me express and I packed them myself. Neither of those is very economical or fast, so it's best left to the factory.

Again, I apologize for the delays, and I'm trying to do everything possible to get these in your hands quickly. I have made internal changes to streamline the process so we can handle the many packages quickly, easily, and accurately. We switched to a new shipping system outside of PayPal to eliminate the slow PayPal site, which actually greatly improves speed and allows for easier double checking of addresses and address changes.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #1,593 of 4,469
For those still patiently waiting for the DBAs, let me tell you that it is most certainly worth the wait. The synergy these babies have with good sources should not be underestimated. I just DIYed a LOD and coupled that with my CMoy amp, the clarity and the soundstage that these DBAs put out are honestly amazing. You could pull out and go get a CK10, but if you consider the few weeks wait against a year or two of enjoyment (and no what-ifs).. :)

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #1,595 of 4,469
I won't get tired wagging my tail in anticipation :D

Quote:
For those still patiently waiting for the DBAs, let me tell you that it is most certainly worth the wait. The synergy these babies have with good sources should not be underestimated. I just DIYed a LOD and coupled that with my CMoy amp, the clarity and the soundstage that these DBAs put out are honestly amazing. You could pull out and go get a CK10, but if you consider the few weeks wait against a year or two of enjoyment (and no what-ifs).. :)

Aug 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #1,596 of 4,469
Guys....patience please.  You should all know Ethan is doing his best to take care of us.  If you feel the need to pull out just PM him or send him an email.  Otherwise just be patient and let this thread focus on the DBA-02 itself.  

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #1,597 of 4,469
Guys, you all have to know that it's not about Ethan, but all about FA. The retailer who lives in my country waits for an ONLY ONE SAMPLE that he's been promised to be sent since LFF's review show up.
smile.gif
I was also curious about these babies, though I'm an impatient one, bought an AT-CK10 already.

You're unlucky being as the ones trusted in this small Russian audio company which is unexpectedly became a fetish in a few months.
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #1,598 of 4,469
It is not FA's fault at all. It is the OEM that is having the difficulties. Absolutely zero of this delay has been FA's fault, I can assure you that. FA has been doing their best to resolve this situation too. As for that sample, well, everyone has to wait, not just Head-Fi, so that's understandable. Everyone has to reserve theirs, and most likely, everything was reserved before your dealer jumped in.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #1,599 of 4,469
I can wait. I can be patient.
My only concern would be if manufacturing QC might suffer or somehow be compromised. Not saying it will, but I can't help but be concerned. Just my nature.... 
rolleyes.gif

shane

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #1,600 of 4,469

Quote:
I can wait. I can be patient.
My only concern would be if manufacturing QC might suffer or somehow be compromised. Not saying it will, but I can't help but be concerned. Just my nature.... 
rolleyes.gif

shane

I was thinking the same actually.  They are just held up in customs though right?  I stopped following the drama when everything turned into, well, drama.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #1,601 of 4,469
I'd imagine it would get better no? At least QC should get better after the first couple batches. I felt there were some areas that could have been improved on when I owned them.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #1,602 of 4,469

Quote:
I was thinking the same actually.  They are just held up in customs though right?  I stopped following the drama when everything turned into, well, drama.

Well... according to the prior reports, yes. Customs.
But Ethans post above states things about issues at the factory and I'm wondering how far they exist beyond what he knows. 
blink.gif

Not trying to start a worry-fest. Just my concerns based on what he wrote. Maybe just an interpretation issue on my part...

shane

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #1,603 of 4,469

Quote:
I'd imagine it would get better no? At least QC should get better after the first couple batches. I felt there were some areas that could have been improved on when I owned them.

When you rush production, nothing ever gets better.  Quite the opposite.

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #1,604 of 4,469
Oh I thought it was just some customs issue. I haven't been following too closely since most of the last couple pages have been when am i going to get my dba-02 thread or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back