Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #571 of 4,469
Well some people just aren't comfortable with triple flange tips such as ethan. It depends on if something like that is comfortable. I have no such issues with triple flange tips.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #572 of 4,469
Triple flanges are comfortable for me in the case of something like the ER-20 which I use on a regular basis, but due to how my ear canals are shaped I cannot seem to get triple flange tips to sound decent, in the case of my Westone 2 at least.
I'll have to try them again, since my ears are now more used to triple flanges thanks to the ER-20s I use during band practice, but at the time I could not get both a decent fit and decent sound (no kinking in the tip) at the same time. Hopefully that won't happen now that my ears are accustomed to having things going deep enough to prod my brain.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #574 of 4,469
The Coppers easily have more bass quantity. I'm not sure about the rest as I don't have as much hours on the Coppers yet.

@ethan: I guess this is the advantage when your first pair of decent earphones were the ER6i. After those I could use pretty much any kind of triple flange as those are the main tips I've used on all of my last 4-5 earphones.

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #575 of 4,469

Quote:
The Coppers easily have more bass quantity. I'm not sure about the rest as I don't have as much hours on the Coppers yet.

@ethan: I guess this is the advantage when your first pair of decent earphones were the ER6i. After those I could use pretty much any kind of triple flange as those are the main tips I've used on all of my last 4-5 earphones.

Hmm.. - that may rule out the DBA-02 for me then.  thanks

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #576 of 4,469

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #577 of 4,469
One thing ive noticed after owning so many pairs of phones etc, is that going straight for the neutral sound wouldve saved me so much money. Prefer it alot more then a warm/dark portrayed phone/iem. The Coppers may sound good! But having the balanced sound on the DBA's put's a bigger smile on my face and gets my feet tapping, then my old slow laidback IE8's.

It does sound right like Ethan said above. Everything ive thrown at them. Jazz, Metal, Dance, Rock, Pop all sound very good.

Jun 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #578 of 4,469
to fellow dba users, anyone using the ety gray triple flanges? wondering if the dba's able to fit on em...
thx in adv.

Jun 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #579 of 4,469
I don't use Etymotic triple flange but they do indeed fit. I'm using the ones by Shure but they are the same size.

@Townyj: That's also part of the fun finding out what kind of sound you enjoy :p It took me a while to actually find out that mine is fairly neutral but I'm still able to enjoy other sound signatures such as the Coppers I have but I would never be able to have them as my main pair of phones. The thing I've noticed is that once you find a phone that suits your preferences pretty much anything you throw at it sounds good.

Jun 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #583 of 4,469
DBA-02 tip question: I'm interested in trying alternate tips, and Ety triflanges don't work for me with these (including a modded-to-biflange version), so presumably the Shure triflanges would be the same.

I've had Comply tips with other IEMs and like the comfort and isolation, but don't care for the short life/high cost (even with periodic cleaning) and insertion complications, regardless of their effect on SQ.

How about Shure "olives"? I've read that they last much longer than Comply. Do they require a similar insertion technique? And if I'm getting a good fit with the DBA-02 OEM mediums (I'm usually a large tip guy), which size olive would fit similarly?

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #584 of 4,469

Quote:
The Coppers actually have a lot of bass, since they are a dynamic after all. The Coppers do easily beat them in bass quantity. The DBA-02 is more for people who like a neutral sound signature and want neither too much or too little bass. It's more bass than the RE0, but not as much as the Coppers.

Do any of you DBA-02 owners also have a pair of Sennheiser HD600's?

Those are my full size cans - I love their clarity and upfront vocals - the bass quantity is just enough to satisfy me.  I'm wondering if the DBA-02 possibly have that level of bass.

Jun 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #585 of 4,469
any one know when these will be available again? i've been looking everywhere but it seems either the demand for these are too high or FA just didn't expect these to be sold so fast
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back