Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 28, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #196 of 4,469
Ah, i see.

Is there any way I can post the images without any removal ?

I have some images for DBA, SBA, OLD Skool, and ToughStuff with some reviews ?

Strictly on personal opinion, not retailer biased.

Thanks LLF, just hope to share the joy the of the new earphones. it's really great

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #197 of 4,469
I think as retailer you are not allowed to post reviews...

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #198 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by treoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, i see.

Is there any way I can post the images without any removal ?

I have some images for DBA, SBA, OLD Skool, and ToughStuff with some reviews ?

Strictly on personal opinion, not retailer biased.

Thanks LLF, just hope to share the joy the of the new earphones. it's really great

I'm going to be posting on those soon. The OldSkool '70 is sweet both visually and sonically.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #200 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where might one purchase these online? I checked gd_audiobase's listings in ebay and treeo.com, not available on either.

They were just released and FA produced only a few as you can see, you must wait for a while. It's a pity they don't have an official blog in english. One can guess only what's going on without that.

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #201 of 4,469
Hey,

So I'm going to be ordering pretty damn soon.

I think my choices right now are buying IE8s for £170, or buying the DBA-02s for £100, but shipped from Canada and likely paying import tax.

What would you guys recommend? My music taste is very, very varied, so I'd like a good all rounder.

Are these the IEMs for me?

Thanks, guys.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #202 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsuffix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,

So I'm going to be ordering pretty damn soon.

I think my choices right now are buying IE8s for £170, or buying the DBA-02s for £100, but shipped from Canada and likely paying import tax.

What would you guys recommend? My music taste is very, very varied, so I'd like a good all rounder.

Are these the IEMs for me?

Thanks, guys.

Westone 2s tbh. Or these. I have the W2s (just bought them yesterday) and they're incredible. I'm going to buy these as well to have two pairs for interchanging and then I'm going to do a comparison review of both.

The W2s are better than the IE8s in my opinion (I listened to them side by side) and the comfort of the IE8s is poor.

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #203 of 4,469
I am almost 100% certain that I am going to order a pair of these.
I currently have the re0, pfe and eterna and previously owned the q-jays but feel like upgrading to a better IEM. Can some1 who have heard both the DBA-02 and one of the above metioned IEM confirm that the DBA is an upgrade over the other IEMs.

Such a nice forum btw
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #204 of 4,469
I just ordered a pair on backorder so hopefully when they arrive they will live up to the description of this review. Now the wait..

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #205 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair on backorder so hopefully when they arrive they will live up to the description of this review. Now the wait..

Couldnt help yaself huh
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #206 of 4,469
sigh..nope =(

If it's as good as the review says then I'm sure I'll be fine. Although I was hoping my next purchase would be a dynamic driver iem but none of the dynamics at the level my e-Q7 and CK10 are really interest me. On the plus side it's my cheapest iem next to my throw around pair in the PL30. Also if I really don't like them I'm sure there will be enough interest in these to sell them here..been going through a good amount of iem's until I got my last 3 purchases.

Oh yeah..what;s the nozzle size on these? It would be quite convenient if my CK10/e-Q7 tips could fit on them

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #207 of 4,469
I got them today, interesting little thing.

They need some burn-in, first 5 minutes I couldn't believe how bad they are
smily_headphones1.gif
But then suddently everything showed up, first impressions(they played for an hour now) : highs and mids are great, lows are definitely there, just compared to my Beyers I missed 10-20Hz, otherwise similar sound. Anyway, are there other IEMs that play also 10-20Hz???

Also these are In Ears, so there's less airiness like in opened cans, but I couldn't believe this little thing could have so big soundstage(not bigger that DTs).

They ARE amp revealing, so portable amp would help, of course the sound was: port.player<mac source<amped source.

Isolation is better than normal, fit is awesome and you can wear the cable behind the neck like westones, so no microphonics, ready for travelling.

What I like is sound of electric guitars from ACDC to rammstein, it's guitar
I checked bass with daft punk,Linkin Park and Rammstein, it's there and great quality, just not that sub20hz, otherwise I like 'em
smily_headphones1.gif

Will burn them longer and will post impressions

regards

Marcel

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #208 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ehhhhh. you lasted a little longer than I did.......

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #209 of 4,469
I ordered it just in time. I was told there wasn't that many left when I emailed yesterday morning. I may have held out a bit longer but it's all the same since it's on backorder. Who's the sucker now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back