Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #1,141 of 4,469
Yianni,

Both joker and David gave some good alternative IEM suggestions for you with probably more appropriate sound sigs for your musical tastes a few pages back. They suggested Monster Turbines, Klipsch S4, Panasonic HJE900 and IE8, which are all reported to be much more appropriate for bass-lovers.

From your pics, it looks like you have the Ety triflanges on the DBA-02's. I'm one of those who didn't get a good seal with those. I would also think that a single flange tip would be much easier to insert (that's my experience).

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #1,142 of 4,469

Quote:
From your pics, it looks like you have the Ety triflanges on the DBA-02's. I'm one of those who didn't get a good seal with those. I would also think that a single flange tip would be much easier to insert (that's my experience).

I assume that's for me. I haven't owned any Etymotic triple flanges in a long time. I only have Shure triple flanges (since I did originally buy them to fit on the CK10) but have trimmed the stalk down since it's meant to be cut.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #1,143 of 4,469
I also recently bought a pair of DBA-02's from a fellow Head-Fier, and while they do sound amazing, there's a noticeable amount of channel imbalance (left is louder). I've tested this with mono, reversing the channels, other pairs of IEMs/headphones, and different sources, and I'm pretty sure this pair that I got is defective. I PM'ed the seller asking if he had this problem too, and am awaiting response. Should I ask to get a refund and ship these back? They even came with the rare leather pouch too... :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,144 of 4,469

Quote:
Yianni,

Both joker and David gave some good alternative IEM suggestions for you with probably more appropriate sound sigs for your musical tastes a few pages back. They suggested Monster Turbines, Klipsch S4, Panasonic HJE900 and IE8, which are all reported to be much more appropriate for bass-lovers.

yeah after i figure out the problem with these current dbas i will most likely get other iems probably the ie8s, the triple flanges did not work for me the stock tips give me a better seal, but it still doesnt help the problem with these

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #1,145 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
dfrost said:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I assume that's for me. I haven't owned any Etymotic triple flanges in a long time. I only have Shure triple flanges (since I did originally buy them to fit on the CK10) but have trimmed the stalk down since it's meant to be cut.

Actually I was referring to a pic in Post #1114 from yianni, but thanks for assuring me that I didn't screw up the Shure bi-flanges by trimming them.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,146 of 4,469
yianni ... definitely the right move for you. They must be defective, so get your money back and have the HF seller try to get a replacement from the vendor (if they are busted, it's hard to tell from you posts). You mentioned putting them up for sale here, but that's not a wise move if they are defective. If that is the case, so far the DBA track record is pretty good it seems (I see another owner with channel imbalance just checked in).

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #1,147 of 4,469
Seems your only option is a refund and the seller has to get a replacement. Then, you can get a pair new from Budgen or ebay, if you want a replacement.

Quote:
I also recently bought a pair of DBA-02's from a fellow Head-Fier, and while they do sound amazing, there's a noticeable amount of channel imbalance (left is louder). I've tested this with mono, reversing the channels, other pairs of IEMs/headphones, and different sources, and I'm pretty sure this pair that I got is defective. I PM'ed the seller asking if he had this problem too, and am awaiting response. Should I ask to get a refund and ship these back? They even came with the rare leather pouch too... :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #1,148 of 4,469

Quote:
yianni ... definitely the right move for you. They must be defective, so get your money back and have the HF seller try to get a replacement from the vendor (if they are busted, it's hard to tell from you posts). You mentioned putting them up for sale here, but that's not a wise move if they are defective. If that is the case, so far the DBA track record is pretty good it seems (I see another owner with channel imbalance just checked in).

yeah i contacted him, i would not sell them on here unless i ave a working pair

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #1,149 of 4,469
Just 'subscribing' to this thread as I plan on ordering th DBA's today...
blink.gif

shane

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,151 of 4,469

Quote:
You have the SM3s too. Will be interested in your comparison, as I sold my SM3s because I liked the DBAs that much.

The SM3's are incoming, my friend. Not sure when, but weeks probably. Also the DBA's will be several weeks out. Not in a real hurry as the 535's are taking up all my listening / testing time now.

Yeah... I'm pretty curious about how they all compare too.
wink_face.gif

shane

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #1,152 of 4,469
I guess I'll ask for that when I hear back from him. And yes, I will definitely want a replacement, these sound too good for my wallet to stop me... Ethan hopefully still has enough from the new shipment for me to get one.

Quote:
Seems your only option is a refund and the seller has to get a replacement. Then, you can get a pair new from Budgen or ebay, if you want a replacement.

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #1,155 of 4,469
That depends on how they are taking care of it. If treated well I have no doubt that these will last a long time. Of course I've never had an earphone die on me so maybe I'm in the minority here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back