Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Aug 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #1,876 of 4,469

Quote:
anaxilus i apologize if i was rude. i thought you were referring strictly to ba driver burn in, which i will maintain cannot burn in due to its design. i am not as familiar with crossover burn in, so cannot comment on how much of a difference it could make in the DBA-02.

No worries man.  I'm sure I was rude as well.  Just went through the whole psychoacoustic debate not so long ago so I know how Surrealsky might have felt being told he doesn't know the difference between audible change and psychoacoustics.  I'll send you a PM on that and you can take it for what you feel it's worth.  Cheers.

beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #1,877 of 4,469
Anyone has any idea of where to buy these if you want them shipped to Finland?

I've been searching without any success...

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #1,878 of 4,469
I am hoping, this is not an OT. Where is our beloved Dimitri. 2 Mails in 2 weeks and no response. Paid 4 the DBA on 13th Jul. So, cant file a case anymore :p  If anyone is in contact with him, please let him know, there  are a bunch of people ( i hope :O) waiting for his replies. And all you guys enjoy the IEM you !@#!%^!#% :D I envy you people.. Man, this wait is just killing me. Tempted to order another 1 from Treoo. Appreciate if anyone who ordered it via gd audiobase shares any info over PM if this is an OT.

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #1,879 of 4,469
You might want to try Selek listed on Fischer Audio's website: http://www.fischeraudio.com/place.php

Though their website only lists Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

Quote:
Anyone has any idea of where to buy these if you want them shipped to Finland?

I've been searching without any success...

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #1,880 of 4,469
Heehee, everyone's so excited. You guys can always validate the changes you're hearing from your new toy by just doing an A/B comparison with one of your existing toys. It's healthy to keep distance from voodoo stuff. Enough said.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #1,882 of 4,469
Did some research and Dmitri's HF name is Marine Pilot, maybe you can PM him.

http://www.head-fi.org/user/marine+pilot

Quote:
I am hoping, this is not an OT. Where is our beloved Dimitri. 2 Mails in 2 weeks and no response. Paid 4 the DBA on 13th Jul. So, cant file a case anymore :p  If anyone is in contact with him, please let him know, there  are a bunch of people ( i hope :O) waiting for his replies. And all you guys enjoy the IEM you !@#!%^!#% :D I envy you people.. Man, this wait is just killing me. Tempted to order another 1 from Treoo. Appreciate if anyone who ordered it via gd audiobase shares any info over PM if this is an OT.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #1,884 of 4,469

Quote:
Did some research and Dmitri's HF name is Marine Pilot, maybe you can PM him.

http://www.head-fi.org/user/marine+pilot

Thanks panthers, got a reply from him via ebay :)

This is the message

"Hi.
They have been shipped from factory to, so they will be there soon, within next days.
If you are dont want to wait for 2-3 days, i can refund you.

Regards, Dmitry

- gd_audiobase"

Thanked him and will definitely wait for these days.Hope this helped others who ordered from him :)

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #1,885 of 4,469
at last i've got mine yesterday.
don't know why it seems quite different from what i heard before, they do have sibilant but as slaters and rawrster said using the triple flange help to eliminate this problems.
now what i'll have to do is just enjoy this phone :D

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #1,886 of 4,469
Its been 12 hours of burn in and the boomy bass and sibilance have dropped tremendously but still there is a hinge of sibilance like sssssss on certain tracks with quiet background. I do believe my experience with them will be complete once i get some recommended tips like the ety tri flanges and comply t100. Will post findings again but so far i am liking the sound sig its like in between the details and clarity of pfe and neutrality of um3x but more musical and aggressive.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #1,889 of 4,469

Quote:
Its been 12 hours of burn in and the boomy bass and sibilance have dropped tremendously but still there is a hinge of sibilance like sssssss on certain tracks with quiet background. I do believe my experience with them will be complete once i get some recommended tips like the ety tri flanges and comply t100. Will post findings again but so far i am liking the sound sig its like in between the details and clarity of pfe and neutrality of um3x but more musical and aggressive.

so far the triple flange really help to eliminate the sibilant. but still im curious for those dba-02 user that only use standard tips and dont even complain about sibilant, is it just me that really prone to sibilant or they just ok with sibilant thing or they dont even have those sibilant.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #1,890 of 4,469

Quote:
so far the triple flange really help to eliminate the sibilant. but still im curious for those dba-02 user that only use standard tips and dont even complain about sibilant, is it just me that really prone to sibilant or they just ok with sibilant thing or they dont even have those sibilant.

I think sibilance is really more track and source dependant than phone dependant.  If you have really well mastered content the odds or having sibilance issues decreases dramatically I think.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back