Review: Final Audio Design Heaven II
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #46 of 75
I got these because I forgot my Vsonic vc1000 somewhere and thought they would compare well. I have since gotten the VC1000s back and FAD heavenII are looking for someone I can pass them on to.

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed overall. They do not extend as low even if they are a bit more "low leaning", mids are less pronounced and they generally sound less alive across spectrum than the VC1000. 

That said, the built quality is a big step up. I have had to super glue the VC1000s twice already. It feels like this will not happen with the FAD heavenII. 

I have used them for about 60 hrs using the Microstreamer and HM601 as sources, FLAC files anything jazz, synth/surf pop, classical, dubstep and rock,  - and many more hours of 320kbps progressive house. In my setup and preferences (and unwillingness to eq) the VC1000s are clearly the best. For further context, Compared to shure215 I would clearly choose the FADs. I also find the VC1000s better than VSONIC GR07 MKII, maybe because I cannot get a good seal with the latter.

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #47 of 75
Yeah the Heaven II with the right equipment smashes anything in the price range

hi ostewart! 

have you heard of the re400? their priced around the same right now. i currently own the re400 but the build is really putting me off. how do you think they fair in terms of sound?

i'm hoping their better built than my re400 (their still alive, but every passing day, i worry =(

nvm i saw someone ask this. but i was wondering if OP still has the fad heaven II it looks absolutely classy. i want a pair just marvel at. but is it durable? with that flat cable?

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #48 of 75
Well I still have them, and I dont use them often but they are well built, the flat cable feels strong and I can see them lasting a long time with minimal care.

Jul 19, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #50 of 75
Thanks for the input! What tips are you using?

Jul 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #52 of 75
They look sleek! love the all black colouring

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #54 of 75
I have to admit that I am a little disappointed overall. They do not extend as low even if they are a bit more "low leaning", mids are less pronounced and they generally sound less alive across spectrum than the VC1000. 

That said, the built quality is a big step up. I have had to super glue the VC1000s twice already. It feels like this will not happen with the FAD heavenII. 

Got it paired with the E11 and boy does the amp wake the sub bass up. I think the Heaven II shows how well the E11 bass boost works. Golden pairing on a budget.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #55 of 75
Hi

Just got a pair. I'm a bit new to iems and used to the bass heavy on-the-go sound from cheap phones. As a classical listener I just love the natural sound of these. I have however been reduced to equalising to try and hear more of the bass frequencies which seem to get lost a bit in the texture. However, after some very patient tweeking (Neutron for android), I'm finally starting to truly appreciate how good they are for the £70 I paid for them.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #59 of 75
You can try stretching some comply tips on, they work well with these and give them a little more body

Users who are viewing this thread

Back