[REVIEW] Final Audio Design Adagio III: Who Needs Accessories?
Sep 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
It really depends, klipsch s4 has it's own good point, but adagios offers better dimension effect =) 

I have never heard the s4 but from what i have read this will be superior, it is a great IEM in the price range if you looking for an airy sound with good strong bass!

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #34 of 34
I picked up a set of these here in the UK a few days ago, and have been testing them with my DX50 via either a Tube Amp BL-2 tube / MOSFET hybrid portable or a Meier XXS. So far, results have been "interesting"...

The initial impression was disastrous, and I felt like sending them back. They were bought to replace GR07s which just won't fit me (either with stock tips or Sony Hybrids) - they either fall out of my ears or become painful after 10 minutes. Comfort on the Adagios is 100% better! but there is less isolation. As far as the sound is concerned, I was expecting less speed and resolution than my SE425s, but a wider soundstage, better bass extension and improved dynamics.

What I got was "DOOF! DOOF! DOOF!"... And this is listening to 1960s Blue Note recordings!

The soundstage was wide, but the bass was wooly, bloated and boomy, and smothered the midrange. Horrible!

Having read a number of posts regarding the importance of burn-in, I decided to persevere and have been feeding them a continuous diet of pink noise for about 24 hours now. There is definitely a major improvement, and the bass is starting to come into line. I think I can detect promise in the SQ, but we are not there yet. What I can't understand is why a serious audiophile company such as FAD sends these out without initial burn-in, as this frankly seems to be part of the manufacturing process. "Fresh" Adagios are effectively unfinished goods...

I left my Sony hybrids in China. When I get back, I'll give them a try. Ultimately, they will be used with my portable iPC / PHA-1 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back