Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Jul 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #511 of 686
I know this is not the right place to ask this, but since it is Linux cable that we are talking. I got the music variant of Linux cable since 3mos ago. Enjoying the immense comfort with my FX850 and A83 (with intermittent sound cutting issue on stock cable. As i went home yesterday, with the cables tucked under my shirt, I noticed that the chin slider was missing from the cable. I was surprised because i thought the chin slider was as durable as the cable. With the chin slider gone, i cannot sport the cables over-the-ear as they fall off easily from my small ears. As such, i cannot use the A83 for its over-the-ear listening. My question now is there anything i can use to makeshift a chin slider for the cables? I know that they are thin as guitar strings, so that makes them difficult to handle with the conventional assemblies. Hope you can help me with my small problem. Thanks!

As it was mentioned in other replies, contact them and ask for a replacement.  Music cable should look just like I showed it in pictures above: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age/495#post_11771944 and chin slider is not only convenient to keep cables tucked in behind your ears, it has a blue/red mark to id Left/Right sides.  I mean, you can always figure out L/R side by playing with a balance control of your source, and A83 is already color-coded, but still if you are planning to use it with another pair of mmcx IEMs - that id dots comes very handy!

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #512 of 686
Managed to get a linum bax cable for my supra's from Cosmic Ears in the end.  They do a 2 pin but you have to email and ask them.  Makes all the difference in comfort.  I was able to wear the supra's at work today along with my glasses and made all the difference in terms of comfort!

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #513 of 686
Howdy ho guys, just thought I'd pop in and post an annoying question
Considering i have a Noble 4C and post 2010 UERM does anyone know if the Linum® 2Pin Balanced 2.5 mm TRRS cable works for the 4C and the UERM
I'm really digging these sexy cables

Bless

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #514 of 686
  Howdy ho guys, just thought I'd pop in and post an annoying question
Considering i have a Noble 4C and post 2010 UERM does anyone know if the Linum® 2Pin Balanced 2.5 mm TRRS cable works for the 4C and the UERM
I'm really digging these sexy cables

Bless

Balanced Linum 2-pin works fine on Noble universal IEMs. I have that cable on a 5 and a 6.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #516 of 686
And the customs?

I'm pretty sure that the customs use the same cable as the universals, so the pins would be the same.  Unfortunately, all of my Nobles are universals.

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #517 of 686

And the customs?

I'm pretty sure that the customs use the same cable as the universals, so the pins would be the same.  Unfortunately, all of my Nobles are universals.

That is correct, should be a universal 2-pin connector.

I have with me 2pin BaX, but need to wait 4-5 weeks for review samples of a few CIEMs for confirmation and impressions
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #518 of 686
There's a 2 part epoxy putty called Milliput which is useful for all sorts of things.

You can mix up a tiny blob of two equal parts, and mould it round the cable to replace the slider.

To prevent your new slider sticking to the cables, use water to moisten the area around the inch or so of cable where you're going to apply the putty.
Once the putty is mixed, split your blob into rwo equally sized blobs, and mould them round the cables by applying then on either side and pressing them together.
Once the putty has started to set, but before it fully sets (10-15 mins, test by pressing with fingernail, you should still be able to mark purry without having to press really hard) slide the blob along the cable a little to ensure it wont just stick where it is.
Depending on how easily the slider moves you may need to slide it back and forth along the cable to loosen the fit a little (wetting area again with water helps here).
Milliput goes rock hard after about an hour, but sets slowly enough to work with easily without having to rush.

It could also be moulded around a cable where the outer has split (it won't fix a cable which is cutting out though!)

Milliput can be sanded/carved/machined after it has set, but in this application I would avoid all those by moulding/smoothing it to the desired shape before it sets (moisten fingers with water to achieve a smooth surface).

tl:dr, use epoxy putty :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #520 of 686
I'd really like to buy the cables, but it seems like it won't work for my IEMs :frowning2:

I have Unique Melody Maverick universals, and the recessed connector is extremely deep and narrow. Even my standard IEM cables needed a bit of sanding to get it to fit.. Any chance Estron will be making recessed 2-pin versions of their cable?

Even if I'm able to squeeze the cable into the recessed slot, I would never be able to get it out.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #521 of 686
  any test with k10 and linum cables? erm I could do a search myself.... 

Actually I have been pairing my K10U with linum music cable (not BaX, as somehow I think the Music suits the K10 more) and it's a fantastic combo. IT really makes one rethink why you need XX-guage 100 conductors cable that weighs a ton and looks like a water pipe. Before that I have paired my K10U with the Twau, Twag3 Litz, Noble's own GITD cable and Plussound X6 Tri-metal, and I love the Linum most BUT not for sound quality reasons - All the mentioned cable including the Linum reproduce the K10 signature admirably and faithfully without adding too much color (except the Twau maybe, which add a weird warmth to the K10 that I found a tiny bit excessive). The Linum/K10 sound is clean, extremely resolving, kept the K10's almost perfect and boundless high extensions (which is a must for me in choosing the right cable for K10), never harsh, with (maybe mind playing tricks?) a tiny bit more sub-bass.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #523 of 686
I had mine since May and my cable now have a break on the left side near the 2 Pin connector to the IEM. Audio breaks when it's wiggled. 

I have emailed Linum to see what the warranty is going to be like.

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #525 of 686
Got my set of Inearz CIEMs (IE P650), and was looking forward to test them with 2pin Linum BaX cable, until realized that IE comes with a recessed socket which doesn't fit current 2pin Linum connector.  Heidi (@Linum) encouraged me to trim the connector, and it worked perfectly!  The easiest way to trim it, just a mm on each side, is to borrow your wife's of gf's nail file
biggrin.gif
  Don't try to cut or to file it with anything else, nail file does a clean trimming by sliding connector up/down a few times.

The result - a nice fitment and you can still see the red/blue dot, though you have to use pliers to take the connector out because it goes in too deep with not much to grab on when removing it.  A small price to pay for something that going to significantly improve your sound quality!!!  In this particular case, sound improvement is better than a stock cable and even better than my other pure silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back