REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM
Dec 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #16 of 121
Great Review, thank you!

I love the detail of your review and also how you name tracks you listen to for example especially for sound stage.
It's always interesting to hear other peoples critical listening tracks, and what exactly they pay attention to.
For me as a newbie, and a music lover who's always interested in discovering new music, this is very nice to see

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #18 of 121
how do these compare to RE262 by Hifiman? I hated the quality on those and it didn't last me long. 

How about to vsonic GR07 which i've been eyeing for a while. 

Also how's the fit for small ears? 

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #20 of 121
Wonderful review. Extremely well written. Thank you Brooko. Make me want to try the Dunu DN1000 for sure even more now.

Hi Simon - thanks.  I've bought and sold quite a few different headphones during the year - including finally snagging myself an RS1 buttoned classic. But as far as sheer enjoyment factor goes - the Dunu would be right up there - and might even sit up the top of my 2013 list.  Every time I put them on, it's just toe-tapping fun.

I really can't recommend them highly enough.  At the price - they're a steal.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #21 of 121

Hi Simon - thanks.  I've bought and sold quite a few different headphones during the year - including finally snagging myself an RS1 buttoned classic. But as far as sheer enjoyment factor goes - the Dunu would be right up there - and might even sit up the top of my 2013 list.  Every time I put them on, it's just toe-tapping fun.

I really can't recommend them highly enough.  At the price - they're a steal.

That's good to know. I bought the Westone W4R hoping for the same result but it doesn't get my toes tapping enough 
frown.gif
. It's good but still not sure. I'm currently enjoying the Vsonic GR07 MKII much more. 

Congratulation on the RS1. I'm currently out of Grado family headphone but sometime I'm missing the MS-Pro. Maybe one day.

Happy Holiday to you and your family Paul.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 121
Excellent Review Sir .Detailed but very easy to understand. Loved them Pics too!  
biggrin.gif

Just a request,how do these compare to Sony MH1 ?
Seems like they both have a similar sound signature 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #23 of 121
  how do these compare to RE262 by Hifiman? I hated the quality on those and it didn't last me long.

How about to vsonic GR07 which i've been eyeing for a while.

Also how's the fit for small ears?

noktekniq I don't have the RE262 but I do have the RE272. The 272 in probably more neutral and it is much smoother with less treble and definitely far less bass. Not that the DN1000 is overly bassy, I find it's bass pleasingly boosted, and well behaved. The 272 is more even but the DN1000 is much more fun. Someone else said it best when they said that rather than taking a neutral phone and making it more fun, they took a fun IEM and added quality. My 272's have better cables, but other than that I consider them about equal in build quality and accessories. My DN1000's get more playtime than the 272's now.
    As far as comfort, I have no issues, however I also have large ear canals. Hope this was of some help for you.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #24 of 121
       noktekniq I don't have the RE262 but I do have the RE272. The 272 in probably more neutral and it is much smoother with less treble and definitely far less bass. Not that the DN1000 is overly bassy, I find it's bass pleasingly boosted, and well behaved. The 272 is more even but the DN1000 is much more fun. Someone else said it best when they said that rather than taking a neutral phone and making it more fun, they took a fun IEM and added quality. My 272's have better cables, but other than that I consider them about equal in build quality and accessories. My DN1000's get more playtime than the 272's now.
    As far as comfort, I have no issues, however I also have large ear canals. Hope this was of some help for you.

helped a lot. now i need to see if i can locate a set via Amazon Prime so I get it before christmas. Want to use it on my long trip overseas on the 26th. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #26 of 121
How are the dn-1000 compared to the yamaha eph-100?
I own the eph-100 (love them!) and listen to trance and hard rock. I find the eph-100 to be really, really good in terms of clarity, details, seperation and sound signature (good bass presence, nice mids and calmed treble-not sibilant or too spiky). So are the dunu's can be considered as an upgrade or a step up from the eph-100 in the parameters I mentioned above!

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #27 of 121
How are the dn-1000 compared to the yamaha eph-100?
I own the eph-100 (love them!) and listen to trance and hard rock. I find the eph-100 to be really, really good in terms of clarity, details, seperation and sound signature (good bass presence, nice mids and calmed treble-not sibilant or too spiky). So are the dunu's can be considered as an upgrade or a step up from the eph-100 in the parameters I mentioned above!

100% upgrade in every way.

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #28 of 121

It's a tribute to the DN-1000s Rocky.  They are such a good IEM that I had to try and make sure I got some good photos.  What did you think about my comment on the tips (no lip on the nozzle)?  Is it something anyone else has had issues with?

I know one way some manufacturers are allowing users to tweak the sound is with exchangeable nozzles/filters.  Given how solid these are - it might be something to think about for the future?

And thanks everyone else for the good comments.  if you are looking for another IEM - I really can't think of another in this price bracket that I would recommend over the DN-1000.  they are indeed a winner.

So far I didn't get that kind of feedback but I think it's possible to have one. The design idea is to to provide chance for every user to find a more comfortable fitting in a simple way.

Some may like the design and some may not. However I think your suggestion is good.  Maybe we can try the exchangeable nozzles next time.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #30 of 121

So far I didn't get that kind of feedback but I think it's possible to have one. The design idea is to to provide chance for every user to find a more comfortable fitting in a simple way.

Some may like the design and some may not. However I think your suggestion is good.  Maybe we can try the exchangeable nozzles next time.

Hey Rocky, Could you also make the nozzle a little smaller in diameter? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back