Review: Custom IEM's - UE11 Pro VS JH11 Pro
Aug 20, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 35
Tremendous, very detailed review! Thanks for your efforts!

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #18 of 35
Where but on Head-Fi could I find such a valuable and needed comparison of two such expensive custom IEMS. You could hardly commision this but here it is free! What a great contribution to the decision making of us custom wannabees. Thank you!

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 35
Awesome review!
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot for taking the time comparing the two earphones and sharing your impressions with us.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #22 of 35
Great review! I really enjoyed reading it. The JH11s are on sale for $850 for a limited time. I'm having a tough time deciding between JH13 or JH11. This will be my first custom IEM which I will use mostly while playing bass guitar at my church. I spoke with Mr Harvey and he recommended not buying lower than the JH7 for bass players. To make decision matters worse, I have a $100 off code for the JH13 (Twitter promo)!! Ughhh! Decisions decisions!

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To make decision matters worse, I have a $100 off code for the JH13 (Twitter promo)!! Ughhh! Decisions decisions!

That doesn't make it worse, it makes it easier.

Let me help you out. Get the JH13 and never worry again about whether or not you made the right decision.

There. Done.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let me help you out. Get the JH13 and never worry again about whether or not you made the right decision.

There. Done.

Hehe! Yeah thx!! All in seriousness though, if I plan to drop almost a grand for a serious in-ear monitor for musician / stage use, I want to be sure I'm getting what I need not just the latest greatest flavor of the month. Do you guys know of any musicians using JH13s on stage? My background is bass playing and I only made it over here to Head-Fi because I googled JH13 and this seems to be THE only place that knows about JHAudio ears. I usually talk bass gear at TalkBass.com

Anyhow, I don't wanna derail this review thread. Perhaps I should start a thread entitled something like "JH13 / JH11 for musicians?"

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe! Yeah thx!! All in seriousness though, if I plan to drop almost a grand for a serious in-ear monitor for musician / stage use, I want to be sure I'm getting what I need not just the latest greatest flavor of the month. Do you guys know of any musicians using JH13s on stage? My background is bass playing and I only made it over here to Head-Fi because I googled JH13 and this seems to be THE only place that knows about JHAudio ears. I usually talk bass gear at TalkBass.com

Anyhow, I don't wanna derail this review thread. Perhaps I should start a thread entitled something like "JH13 / JH11 for musicians?"

The JH7 is marketed for touring musicians and might be the minimum you are looking for. The JH11 is definitely more of a personal listening monitor, and the JH13 even more so. Perhaps Jerry was correct in recommending you the JH7 as the bottom line.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH7 is marketed for touring musicians and might be the minimum you are looking for. The JH11 is definitely more of a personal listening monitor, and the JH13 even more so. Perhaps Jerry was correct in recommending you the JH7 as the bottom line.

That's kinda were I'm leaning. The JH7 is $699. For only $150 more I can get the JH11 (currently sale priced at $850, normally $999). Is the $150 (or normally $300) extra worth the added dual mid driver (for a bass player on stage). I guess that's what I'm trying to get a sense of. I think the 15% off JH11 is a better deal than $100 off JH13 considering I will use the monitor for playing on stage and not in a serious audiophile listening setting, like most of the users of this forum. - sorry to clutter up the thread again -
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There. Done.

I agree. I too have the JH-13 pro $100 off code. What is holding me back is my finicky ears and customs.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #28 of 35
You want the earphone you select to align with your personal objectives. If you were getting one for primarily music listening, the JH13 would earn many unequivocal recommendations even given the greater discount of the JH11. Since you're on stage, the JH7 just seems more appropriate to me observing your situation. The UE7 counterpart that the JH7 is based on is very widely used by performing artists on-stage, probably moreso than the higher-up models.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #29 of 35
If you're not using for personal listening whatsoever, get the bare minimum...there's not going to be a BAD offering at JHaudio I'd guess. Its hard to pass on a special offer (especially when you have two), but its not necessary for your needs. You need an accurate monitor and a few models have an intended bass hump for personal use.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're not using for personal listening whatsoever, get the bare minimum...there's not going to be a BAD offering at JHaudio I'd guess. Its hard to pass on a special offer (especially when you have two), but its not necessary for your needs. You need an accurate monitor and a few models have an intended bass hump for personal use.

Exactly what I was looking for. The offer is tempting, definitely. I don't really need the higher end model for what I want to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want the earphone you select to align with your personal objectives. If you were getting one for primarily music listening, the JH13 would earn many unequivocal recommendations even given the greater discount of the JH11. Since you're on stage, the JH7 just seems more appropriate to me observing your situation. The UE7 counterpart that the JH7 is based on is very widely used by performing artists on-stage, probably moreso than the higher-up models.

+1 Looks like I'll be ordering the JH7pro. This was what Jerry recommended off the bat when I told him I was a church musician looking for decent ears with bass response (since I am a bass player).

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'd love to own the JH13 or JH11 and maybe I will one day, but for now my first step into custom ears will be the JH7pro (tried and true touring standard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back