Review: Creative Aurvana Air
May 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #16 of 28
"KDE250 owners out there to say more about them."

Concerning the KDE/250

Sources
   Portable: Cowon S9 32GB
   Home: Sony Stereo w/5 Disc Changer

Music
  .flac ~1000kbps (Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Def Leppard, Mariah Carey, Yanni, etc.)
  .mp3 ~128-320kbps (The Killers, Queen, Black Eyed Peas, Filmscore, etc.)

1. Darkness: They can and do sound dark in some instances. They can also sound bright and smooth, or pretty much anything else the song or source can requires and can output.

2. Bass: Depending on how far in they go for you; quality and quantity both increase with deeper fit (you need a large ear canal and anti-helix)

3. Lacking Details: Timbre wise, these are the most detailed & accurate phones I have ever experienced. Vocals remain pristine even in bass heavy songs, and when the EQ (Jet Effect 3.0, or Stereo 5 band graphic EQ) pushes the bass to the point of distortion (which happens rarely at extreme volumes)

4. Strange Soundstage: I agree. The speakers are at a perpendicular angle, and the woofer is further away than the tweeter; this does sound different. They sound semi-open, less of the cave effect of closed phones, but not as extended into the space around your head.

5. Fit: They fit me well; They fit others terribly. I have only met two other people who are able to fully insert them. It takes about 3 minutes to adjust the fit when I (monthly) change the ear clips. Most people don't take even a minute to make the proper adjustments. They hurt after 2 hours with hard insertion, pulling on the back of my ear to grip the housing to my head. With more casual insertion, I can wear them for most of the day (pushing them back in every 30 minutes or so)

Note: to test how they fit for you, try wearing them without the earclips attached, if they stay in, they probably fit.

Quote:
As for KDE250, I did a brief listening to them last year's summer when my another friend visited me (It is good to have audio-fevers friends). Can't really remember exactly how they sound, but if my memory serves me right (please take this into account), they are dark, fairly good amount of bass, but kind of lacking details...They didn't impressed me. And I feel the soundstage to be strange, and the fit...Much more troublesome than the Air, and hurt your ears as the big housing of the earbuds go in vertically. My friend bought them at around 25000yen (near 270 dollars I think) that time. (You can find them at 140 dollars from Amazon). I can't really comment much, so...Hope there are KDE250 owners out there to say more about them.

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 28
well they are selling them for  99 euro n creative site, normallly 200...

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #19 of 28
Creative is probably having a global sale right now. I notice several of their website in different region is cutting price on many of their headphones. I actually got myself an In-Ear2 last week for cheaper price.

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #21 of 28
...and the strange thing is I can't find Aurvana Air in any Singapore retail store. The only place is probably Creative HQ though it is not very near.

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #22 of 28
will you review it?
it would be nice to have it reviewed soon, while the sales are on!

Quote:
Creative is probably having a global sale right now. I notice several of their website in different region is cutting price on many of their headphones. I actually got myself an In-Ear2 last week for cheaper price.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #23 of 28
I will review the In-Ear2, but can't promise it will be soon since I am currently oversea for family business. If you want my initial impression, I will say it is warm and smooth, very good bass response and soundstage, dynamic like but not particularly detail. Overall a musical sounding IEM. Quite good in value, but not the best in class.

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #26 of 28
Hi.  I'm a newbie so be nice
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to buy headphones for around GBP £150 (about USD $230) max.  I'm almost at the point of purchasing the Creative Aurvana Air but am worried about 'leakage'.

As well as listening at home whilst my young daughter watches her hour of kids TV (!), I want something I can use at work in an open plan office which is pretty quiet, without disturbing my collagues.  They need to be fairly portable.

Though I'm no audiophile, I do love good music heard as best as possible within my budget.  I have a wide musical taste (which includes classical and dance music, though these are not the main but thought i'd mention as could affect feedback from you).

the other contendors are

Sennheiser IE7
Atomic Floyd Airjax
Audio-Technica Import Series ATH-A700 - Headphones

any input welcome - and if i'm totally off the mark, please let me know what i should be looking at.

I've read a few reviews on this site and they are very good.  I promise I'm not expecting you all to do my research for me but I've reached a point where I can't decide....

Please help

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #28 of 28
Just had mine delivered; using them right now. It's SGD$99 from the Singapore online store now. Never did like earbuds because I've always thought they fall out too easily and have never been impressed by their sound quality. These seem pretty good at both staying put and sounding good. 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back