1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender N10, CAD CAT server, TotalDac d1-Server, Auralic Aries, Audiophile Vortex Box

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by romaz, Nov 9, 2015.
First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
  1. Clive101
    Hello All,

Back again after testing the SOtM tx USBultra with Antipodes CX EX combo.

My view has not changed, I still prefer the CX EX without the SOtm USB ultra.

My chain is separate dedicated mains power into Torus Power supply 16 amp AVR2, Antipodes CX EX with the supplied ethernet cable (Roon as I find this the better sounding software at the moment) via Chord Music USB cable into Mscaler, via Wave Storm Cables into Dave, Dave via Chord Sarum T XLR into Bryston 7B3, Sarum T speaker cable into PMC MB2 SE speakers.
    Network, Draytek wireless access point powered by a Paul Hynes as I have a very noisy network, switches are the next rabbit hole !

I found the vocals to be too hot and the base a little more boom with the SOtM although I must admit on other pieces of music without vocals the sound seemed to have more detail but I am unable to tolerate any harshness.

PS Those of you using the CX EX combo need to try the ethernet cables on port 1 input as there is some filtration going on I found I got less network noise with input on 1 output on 2. I checked this on the noisy network and it was a lot closer to the single wireless access I currently use.

Whazzzup likes this.
  2. bmichels
    Has someone heard the Waversa WCORE v2.

An "all in one box" Intel i3 Quad Core based Linux server for ROON Core server + Audiophile Ethernet switch isolated and filtred and OCXO clocked + SSD storage, all operated on battery for imunity.

[​IMG]

I just wonder if the Processeur I3 is powerful enough to corectly run ROON Core server. In the past I have hear noticeable difference between I3 and i7 ROON server !

Also, since there is no USB out, I suppose that the Waversa WCORE connects to the Streaming DAC via Ethernet, and to the network via another Ethernet port, leaving 2 free Ethernet ports available in case we need them ? Is it correct ?

Also, how much does the Waversa WCORE V2 really filter the Ethernet network and imude the DAC from the noise transiting on the Home Ethernet Network.

thanks

3. bmichels
    I am still hesitating what to ask santa claus an upgrade from my W20 to the W20SE or... to the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme which, for same price range, is offering the ROON experience and is "supposed" to sound even better !

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91