REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #556 of 807
Well, it's your choice. It' always good to have a performer like the gr07 as a backup. Glad you're liking your new toy - it was time to get something crispy. I'm kinda interested in the H-100 but I'll wait a little bit as I'm still to get my R1 (damn customs) and the new vsonic VC02, so probably won't be getting anything new till Christmas (unless gr08 comes out :tongue_smile: ). I briefly checked some of the opinions on the H-100 but didn't quite get it - is the sound V-shaped?

Some are describing H-100 as a mild U shape and others a V, to me it sounds rather neutral, granted mids are slightly thinner than GR07 and recessed a touch (not as much as TF10) but it causes illusions because the soundstage is so deep when a track calls. It's very crisp leaning towards bright without being overly cold, sub-bass is deeeeep tight and powerful, there's absolutely no bass bleed, makes GR07 bass sound slightly bloated or over done. H-100's focus is soundstage, bass and treble, there's sooo much air in the stage. Clarity is something else. I never thought there could be too much clarity, if I engage BBE+ past 4 there's too much ruining the presentation.

I timed them with waiting for GR08 never expecting to be so impressed. You can get them for $120 - $140 EMS shipping included through ShinWoo if you mention Head-fi.

And for some reason with the C3 they become mid and treble focused, very energetic while remaining crisp, vocals come right forward leaving instruments in the back ground a touch. It comes ever so close to edgy without pushing to far. Very high resolution sound.

Wonderful balance. My first Hybrid IEM and I'm overly impressed.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #557 of 807
Quote:
Thanks for testing that out, at least some form of auto-off..
I'm thinking of purchasing CK4, I'm not worried about UI I want SQ. Considering my new Hybrid IEM I just don't see any need in keeping my GR07 MK2 and TF10 any longer. so I'm selling those off and probably put the money towards a CK4.
@~Stozzer I understand you had one for a short amount of time. Do you remember anything about how it sounded?
There's really not much info on it at all.

Yeh mate it sounded great too.  A similar sig to the c3 with a mids focus and some more power behind it.  The only things that put me off was the size and the hardware and software interface.

For pure sq it puts it right in the top tier (not having owned the dx100 or C4).

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #559 of 807
Yeh mate it sounded great too.  A similar sig to the c3 with a mids focus and some more power behind it.  The only things that put me off was the size and the hardware and software interface.

For pure sq it puts it right in the top tier (not having owned the dx100 or C4).

Cheers, once those TF10 are gone I may just pick one up I think. :smile:

I must pace myself.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #560 of 807
Quote:
mistertao seller has them with a ton of accesories for $95 US  + SHIPPING.

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-13620158743.html

Actually, mistertao also has a commision, so after you pay around $97 for the ck4 + the local delivery from the main seller to mistertao, you'll have to pay the commission and the shipping. Just a heads up - I'm not sure how much the commission will be but the final price will be still a good chunk below the ebay price.

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #561 of 807
Nov 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #563 of 807
Quote:
Damn I thought you were talking about the C3 for $95.
Here's the fee's....... (Australia)

I'm so close to just buying now, but I'll bookmark that page.

Id just enjoy what you have right now, the c3 is brilliant but i assume having similar taste we are in the same boat and will be getting the x3 in a few months.  Hold strong guy!

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #564 of 807
Damn....that price though...it's like $70 cheaper than ebay. Must resist, must resist..............

It's going to get the better of me, for sure.......:rolleyes:

I love the C3 and there's nothing wrong with it but considering a C4 is just not logical to me CK4 is the next best thing.....

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #565 of 807
Quote:
Id just enjoy what you have right now, the c3 is brilliant but i assume having similar taste we are in the same boat and will be getting the x3 in a few months.  Hold strong guy!

Haha, I lost my T51 last week, now I need an replacment for it.
At the moment, I have been looking into the C3 and the CK4 Mod Ver.
They are about the same price range the CK4 Mod Ver. should be £40 more.
So yeah, any suggestion of what I should be using pairing with GR07 ?

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #566 of 807
Quote:
Damn....that price though...it's like $70 cheaper than ebay. Must resist, must resist..............
It's going to get the better of me, for sure.......
rolleyes.gif

I love the C3 and there's nothing wrong with it but considering a C4 is just not logical to me CK4 is the next best thing.....

o that $180 CNY is only for the Mod cost, they player itself actually cost around $800 CNY

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #568 of 807
Anyone knows whether there's a Colorfly representative/sponsor on this forum?

Yes, Lee's just finding it for you now......

And damn... I was in the middle of an awesome Bon Jovi session and my battery died. :rolleyes:

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #569 of 807

Users who are viewing this thread

Back