REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #541 of 807
Does anyone know if C3 has an auto off function? I haven't tried leaving it on but am curious if anyone else has?

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #542 of 807
Quote:
Go back to a Clip+ then.
wink.gif
It's an audiophile focused player, used to play music, with simplicity.
Although I agree, a resume feature would be nice, playlist support is for girls.
tongue.gif

Haha I do have my fuze. But i like to load a whole album into my dap and sometimes I just don't like all the song in a single album or i got sick of listening to just a single album and would like a mix of songs. But I m just plain lazy to change songs on the go haha

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #543 of 807
Haha I do have my fuze. But i like to load a whole album into my dap and sometimes I just don't like all the song in a single album or i got sick of listening to just a single album and would like a mix of songs. But I m just plain lazy to change songs on the go haha

But how does Fuze sound compared to your C3? O_o

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #544 of 807
before i take the plunge with this player, i want to check if the shure srh840 headphones i have will be at least suitable for the player (or vice cersa 
smile.gif
) these are the specs

Transducer Type: Dynamic, Neodym-Magnet
Driver size: 40 mm
Sensitivity : 102 dB SPL/mW
Impedance: 44 Ω
Max. input power: 1000 mW
Frequency range: 5 Hz - 25 kHz

http://www.shure.co.uk/products/headphones/srh840

anyone able to advise me either way? i've used them with a ipod and sony walkman player before but never thought about checking suitablility until reading these forums!

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #545 of 807
^^ Yes that will be fine, my 60ohm V6 are running perfectly well from the C3 right now.

It actually sounds pretty damn yummy too. What you'll find is you may need a little more volume with that 44ohm impedance, but power wise there's plenty. :smile:

Damn these MDR V6 are nice headphones, they constantly impress time and time again.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #547 of 807
Quote:
many thanks for all your help and input guys. 8gb ordered 
smile.gif

Be very surprised if you don't love it when you get it, and it should drive the Shure SRH840 no problem at all.

It drives moderate impedance IEM's well too. It pairs extremely well with the 50 Ohm impedance GR07. You need a bit of volume, but the sound is terrific.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #548 of 807
well now the order is in i'm really looking forward to it arriving can't wait! the 7+ days from now til delivery will very much drag i think. what i'm not looking forward to so much is re-ripping my collection to from m4a to 320 but i know it will be well worth it in the long run. plus the tag system for m4a is pretty dire if wanting to use anything other than an ipod.

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #549 of 807
Quote:
Does anyone know if C3 has an auto off function? I haven't tried leaving it on but am curious if anyone else has?

It does, but it's not reliable.  I think if you pause it and forget about it you will regret it but if it runs out of "playlist" it turns off, but don't quote me on that. I have gone to switch it on to go home from work and found it dead...

EDIT:  just tested switching it on and playing nothing and it switched off after 20 minutes

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #550 of 807
It does, but it's not reliable.  I think if you pause it and forget about it you will regret it but if it runs out of "playlist" it turns off, but don't quote me on that. I have gone to switch it on to go home from work and found it dead...

EDIT:  just tested switching it on and playing nothing and it switched off after 20 minutes

Thanks for testing that out, at least some form of auto-off..

I'm thinking of purchasing CK4, I'm not worried about UI I want SQ. Considering my new Hybrid IEM I just don't see any need in keeping my GR07 MK2 and TF10 any longer. so I'm selling those off and probably put the money towards a CK4.

@~Stozzer I understand you had one for a short amount of time. Do you remember anything about how it sounded?

There's really not much info on it at all.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #554 of 807
Oh, you can sell that. You should have done it long time ago LOL. Just keep the gr07 or I won't be able to protect you from the fire.

I doubt you'd save me anyway; :D

Nope they're all going, not for money reasons, these H-100 Hybrids just sound tooo good, they're a dream come true. It's like moving to a whole new tier for me. They're being compared to Westone 4 and um3x by experienced members. In my opinion they house GR07 MK2. :ph34r:

And you guessed it, the crisp high resolution sound is wonderful with C3.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #555 of 807
Quote:
I doubt you'd save me anyway;
biggrin.gif

Nope they're all going, not for money reasons, these H-100 Hybrids just sound tooo good, they're a dream come true. It's like moving to a whole new tier for me. They're being compared to Westone 4 and um3x by experienced members. In my opinion they house GR07 MK2.
ph34r.gif

And you guessed it, the crisp high resolution sound is wonderful with C3.

Well, it's your choice. It' always good to have a performer like the gr07 as a backup. Glad you're liking your new toy - it was time to get something crispy. I'm kinda interested in the H-100 but I'll wait a little bit as I'm still to get my R1 (damn customs) and the new vsonic VC02, so probably won't be getting anything new till Christmas (unless gr08 comes out 
tongue_smile.gif
). I briefly checked some of the opinions on the H-100 but didn't quite get it - is the sound V-shaped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back