Review: Clear Tune Monitors CTM-200 dual-driver custom
Jul 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #61 of 95
hi there folks,

i've been using ER4p, with custom moldings, for many years now, with either an RSA predator or PicoSlim amp.
my big issue is the terrible microphonics of the etymotics and i've been thinking of getting new cabling (custom, or adapters for westone, etc)
but now I'm wondering if i would be better off spending my money on something like the CTM-200.

can anyone comment on the sound difference i would expect from the CTM-200 vs. the ER4p (when driven by an amp per above)?]

thanks

marty

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #62 of 95
Quote:
hi there folks,

i've been using ER4p, with custom moldings, for many years now, with either an RSA predator or PicoSlim amp.
my big issue is the terrible microphonics of the etymotics and i've been thinking of getting new cabling (custom, or adapters for westone, etc)
but now I'm wondering if i would be better off spending my money on something like the CTM-200.

can anyone comment on the sound difference i would expect from the CTM-200 vs. the ER4p (when driven by an amp per above)?]

I only have the ER4S (also with custom tips) but with the CTM-200 you can expect the biggest change to be in the more laid-back presentation and the soundstage/headstage, which are much more spacious and enveloping on the Cleartunes. There is also a bit more bass punch - more akin to the GR07 than the ER4S. 

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

I only have the ER4S (also with custom tips) but with the CTM-200 you can expect the biggest change to be in the more laid-back presentation and the soundstage/headstage, which are much more spacious and enveloping on the Cleartunes. There is also a bit more bass punch - more akin to the GR07 than the ER4S. 

thanks.

any observations on using the ctm-200 directly from an ipod/iphone or with am amp?
i see a huge positive difference using the amp with the ety er4p

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #64 of 95
Quote:

thanks.

any observations on using the ctm-200 directly from an ipod/iphone or with am amp?
i see a huge positive difference using the amp with the ety er4p

My usual iBasso amp/dac unit. However, note that I only have the ER4S and not the ER4P.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #65 of 95
There were a few comments from members who had ordered the CTM-200.  I'm assuming they have indeed received their custom IEM.  Any feed back as a follow up would be appreciated.  

Yes, I'm an IEM junkie looking for my next fix.

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #69 of 95
Clear Tune Monitors has my ear impressions and my order for their CT-500 Elite model.  I'll post impressions and eventually a review of my first set of customs when they arrive (barring fit issues).

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #72 of 95
Quote:
Your review of the CT-200 was a key reason I turned my attention to CTM.  If they can satisfy with 2 drivers I'm hoping they can deliver some aural bliss with 5.

I guess you'll be the first to find out 
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #73 of 95
has anyone compared the CT-200 or 300 with the UE triple.fi10 and ue900? They fall into similar price brackets and the idea of customs really suits me with having an audiologist as a sister meaning imprints etc are all gratis, and i had a terrible time with the fitting of the TF10s i had..

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #74 of 95
Quote:
has anyone compared the CT-200 or 300 with the UE triple.fi10 and ue900? They fall into similar price brackets and the idea of customs really suits me with having an audiologist as a sister meaning imprints etc are all gratis, and i had a terrible time with the fitting of the TF10s i had..

I have the CT-200 and UE900. They are on different sides of neutral - the UE900 warmer with much better bass extension and more bass presence overall, slightly laid-back upper mids, and prominent but not highly crisp treble. The CT-200, on the other hand, lacks the bass depth but is flatter, clearer, and more natural-sounding through the midrange and lower treble, still with a good amount of treble presence and air. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #75 of 95
I now have the CT-500 Elite.  This next week I'll buy a Dragonfly USB amplifier do some more critical listening then post a review.

Having listened for a few days I can report that this ciem far surpasses any universal iem I have ever heard in both dynamic range, accuracy, soundstage et al.  The sonic superiority on display is obvious and A/B'ing with other phones tends to expose and amplify the weaknesses of the universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back