Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Oct 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #211 of 694
Anyone know if the dacport slim workout directly with LG G3? Or it Needs external power ?

Even if it should work battery drain is heavy enough for it not to be realistic without external power anyway (in my experience :wink:).

Given the powerful output on the Slim this is quite natural. If you're looking for a solution that doesn't need external power I'd suggest to look at something with less output power.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #212 of 694
Even if it should work battery drain is heavy enough for it not to be realistic without external power anyway (in my experience :wink:).

Given the powerful output on the Slim this is quite natural. If you're looking for a solution that doesn't need external power I'd suggest to look at something with less output power.

I have 2 spare batterie:) is it fine ?

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #213 of 694
I have 2 spare batterie:) is it fine ?

Aha, its been so long since I've got a phone with replaceable battery that the thought didn't cross my mind :wink:

That would of course br sufficient.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #214 of 694
In general, Class A amps and portable use are not a good match. DACport gets very warm, regardless of the amount of power actually required by the headphones - so you will be using your phone's battery to heat the space around you.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #217 of 694
I was able to get the iPhone 6 to work with the DACport Slim:

The contenders (I chose the lower left device - Gear Head 4 port USB hub):

iPhone 6, Apple CCK, at least 3 port USB hub, USB to USB cable (male to male) to Anker External Battery (or power from outlet), USB cable to Centrance, earphone/headphone of choice:

Setup with HE1000

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #218 of 694
Oct 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #219 of 694

iPhone 6, Apple CCK, at least 3 port USB hub, USB to USB cable (male to male) to Anker External Battery (or power from outlet), USB cable to Centrance, earphone/headphone of choice:

Setup with HE1000

wow that's just too much stuff, you can't even describe it in words..

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #220 of 694

Setup with HE1000

It might work in a pinch, but looks very unwieldy and far from portable!

Bit good job on finding a solution!

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #221 of 694
It might work in a pinch, but looks very unwieldy and far from portable!

Bit good job on finding a solution!

This was just for demonstration purposes - to see if it could be done.  For true amp portability you can use a much shorter USB to USB male cable, smaller capacity (and therefore smaller) external battery charger, use a strap/wristband with the iPhone, hub, DAC/port Slim, and wear smaller headphones or listen to earphones.  

When out and about, admittedly I want the utmost in portability, so I use the QP1R as the portable high-fidelity solution.

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #222 of 694
This was just for demonstration purposes - to see if it could be done.  For true amp portability you can use a much shorter USB to USB male cable, smaller capacity (and therefore smaller) external battery charger, use a strap/wristband with the iPhone, hub, DAC/port Slim, and wear smaller headphones or listen to earphones.  

When out and about, admittedly I want the utmost in portability, so I use the QP1R as the portable high-fidelity solution.

OT, how is qp1r?? Have you used the ak120ii or 100ii?? How does it compare to them??

Oct 25, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #223 of 694
OT, how is qp1r?? Have you used the ak120ii or 100ii?? How does it compare to them??

Yes, this is OT, but you can post over here if you'd like: http://www.head-fi.org/t/778877/review-questyle-audio-qp1r-with-multiple-headphone-and-iem-pairings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back