Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #182 of 694
Feels sturdy enough to me, and I don't think it's plastic. I have the HD version. Has anybody noticed any sort of burn-in? Mine is a bit bright-sounding, and I'm hoping it smooths out a bit.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #184 of 694
Can anyone tell me what the volume dial is like? Does it have substantial tension to it, or does it feel kind of cheap? It's hard to guess the quality just from looking at the Massdrop pictures.

Thanks!

Please check out "Volume control" in the review (first post of this thread). To answer your question, it doesn't feel cheap to me, especially for the price they are commanding. Someone's standards may be different and may feel the volume dial isn't satisfactory, so, your mileage may vary. Personally I feel that the volume dial and the housing are created very well and have a quality look and feel to them.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #185 of 694
  I have the HD version. Has anybody noticed any sort of burn-in? Mine is a bit bright-sounding, and I'm hoping it smooths out a bit.

I have not seen any significant change yet.  The brightness is definitely there, but overall response becomes a bit more balanced when it is connected through a powered USB source (Wyrd in my case).

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #186 of 694
The volume control works as it should and its quality feels in line with the rest of the device (which is very solid).

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #187 of 694
I have not seen any significant change yet.  The brightness is definitely there, but overall response becomes a bit more balanced when it is connected through a powered USB source (Wyrd in my case).

Balanced or very slight bass tilt, I would agree with, but too bright or bright would not be my thoughts when describing the overall sound of the DACport Slim.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #188 of 694
Balanced or very slight bass tilt, I would agree with, but too bright or bright would not be my thoughts when describing the overall sound of the DACport Slim.

I agree, reading the post from @MilhouseV makes me wonder what he's used to since he finds the Slim bright.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #190 of 694
Does anybody know how Dacport Slim compares to iBasso D14? :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #192 of 694
Oct 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #193 of 694
Thanks for the detailed and straightforward review.

Quote:

Did you ever get a chance to compare to the Dragonfly 1.2? Having a hard time deciding on a DAC/AMP with so many options out there.

Not yet.  I will update the thread once I have the chance to.

I suppose this never happened? Just searched for 'dragonfly' in this thread and this quote was the last time it was mentioned.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #195 of 694
Hi. Do you find this amp too strong for highly sensitive IEMs, for example the earwerkz Legend R?

Hi Rei87,

The DACport Slim is not too strong for highly sensitive IEMs since you can use the Low gain setting. The volume does not get crazy loud with the Low gain setting when using IEMs, but can get exceedingly loud with the High gain setting. It sounds great with IEMs as well as sounding great with (and at least powers) most all headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back