Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Dec 12, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #676 of 694
I've helped in pretty much every I can. If it's used, it looks like you need to find a new computer where the Slim is recognized and try flashing firmware. That's my main suspicion.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #677 of 694
As I suspect that the Slim itself is not the issue I just tried to get my Slim working with my W10 work laptop that I haven't been able to use it with before by following the instructions from OneTechNoob above.

By connecting the Slim to a W7 computer and then first installing the Beta driver posted above I was able to install the Beta fw (also from above). After doing so I installed the same Beta driver on the W10 laptop and connecting the Slim to it I'm now enjoying great sound from it.

I'd like to add that I've yet to come across a Android device that, in combination with UAPP, the Slim doesn't work with. That being said with some of them I'd had to use external power to get it to work. The Slim draw a lot of power so it wouldn't be my recommendation for this usage though.

The Slim is probably still the best value source I've ever come across in this hobby so please don't let the (well known) issue both W10 and Android adds due to their extremely poor audio focus (maybe in combination with user error) take anything away from the excellent performance this little device offers.

I'd personally rate it 9,5/10 given its modest price.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #678 of 694
I manage to get it working after getting a large windows update, however it still get the "no compatible devices connected" message when I double click on the centrace icon.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #679 of 694
I manage to get it working after getting a large windows update, however it still get the "no compatible devices connected" message when I double click on the centrace icon.

Glad to hear you got it working. Try changing to a better quality usb cable, that solved it for me (you could also try another USB port and see if it's enough).

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #681 of 694
Still it's a shame it won't work on my lg g6 especially when the old dacport did. Maybe it's the otg cable since I'm using a adaptor attached to a normal usb data cable.

Oct 6, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #686 of 694
Anybody know how the AKM AK4490 DAC in this compares to the same DAC in something like the Cayin i5 or the Astell & Kern KANN, which are 5x and 10x more expensive? Purely talking about the DAC, not the AMP or the fact that those are DAPs. How come those guys can play DSD but the Dacport Slim can't, isn't it the same DAC?

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #688 of 694
Has anyone used the DACport Slim with a USB hub? It works fine when plugged directly into the laptop. When plugged in via a USB hub, it shows up but no sound.

I'm wondering if I need a powered USB hub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back