1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by moedawg140, Aug 26, 2015.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. sling5s

Thanks for all your replies. Sounds very promising.

2. istirsin
    The responses were worth the wait, thank you. Last question is, how much of a noticeable difference Is there between using the Dacport Slim out vs say an iPhone 6?

3. Submariner2
    @sling5s , very many thanks for the review :thumbsup::blush:

4. Riisalat
    Can this be used just as a dac ?

5. guerillaw
    Yes. Similar to the original Dacport and the Dragonfly, just set volume to max and use the proper cable. The difference is the Slim should be set to "low" gain when you do this. 

6. Riisalat
    How good is the DAC on this compared to the FIIO E10k or the MODI 1/ MODI 2 ?

7. sling5s
    Was this the Geek Out Version1 or the current?latest Version 2? Seems the Version 2 is significantly improved over the first version. 
    I never took to the first version. Very detailed and transparent but lacked didn't sound engaging or musical to me. Lacked fullness and warmth. 
    So I may really prefer the Dacport Slim. But as for "heft and bite"...what do you mean? When you say fullness it sounds like full mids but when you say heft and bite, sounds like V-shape--bass boost and treble brightness. 

8. avitron142
    . Edit: double post.

9. avitron142
    Thanks for the review! I wanted to do one myself, but it seems that CEntrance aren't answering my emails at the moment [​IMG]

In regard to harder to drive headphones, are you sure that the HE1000 is a good test of that? I mean, after all, the HE1000 only has a 35 ohm rating, which is closer to portable than anything. Sure, it benefits from power, but it sounds good out of an iPhone 6 as well...

Do you have a K7XX, HD600/650, or a Beyer T90 to pair it up with? That would really test if it was meant for harder to drive headphones, IMO.

10. TheVortex
    I would love to see how it performs when driving hard to drive headphones like Beyerdynamic 770,880 and 990 600 ohms versions.

11. Submariner2
    Good question , I agree with you ...!

12. tommo21
    I'm looking for dac/amp to use at work, but we're not allowed to install external drivers on our computers. Would this still work at 24/96 without installing the drivers, other than those that automtically installs when you connect it to a windows computer?

13. fishyee

The difference between the Slim and HD ...  what the extra $100 buys you.  Hope this helps someone.

http://centrance.com/products/dacport/

Digital Specs

Max Sample Rate (Slim)192kHz (Also: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4kHz)
    [​IMG]Max Sample Rate (HD)384kHz (Also: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352kHz), DSD
     Max Resolution (Slim)24-bit (Also supports 16-bit)
    [​IMG]Max Resolution (HD)32-bit (Also supports 16 and 24-bit)
     ConnectionUSB 2.0, asynchronous
     Local clockMil-spec clock, 10 ppm precision, 1 ps jitter
     CompatibilityAny computer running Mac, PC, Linux. Driver is available for Windows.

Analog Specs

Frequency Response20Hz...40kHz +/-0.2dB
     Dynamic Range (Slim)109 dB, re +11.5dBu, max gain
     Dynamic Range (HD)112 dB, re +14.5dBu, max gain
     THD+N (Slim)0.003% (FS, 1kHz)
     THD+N (HD)0.002% (FS, 1kHz)
     Noise Floor7 µV RMS (A-weight), max gain
     Audio OutputStereo 3.5mm (1/8") jack, headphone or line output

Headphone Amplifier

Output Impedance1 Ohm
     Amplifier TtypeDirect Class-A, no caps in the signal path
     Max Level (Slim)2.9 V rms / +11.5 dBu
     Max Level (HD)4.1 V rms / +14.5 dBu
     Output Power (Slim)450mW (total), drives 600 Ohm headphones
     Output Power (HD)775mW (total), drives 600 Ohm headphones

General Specs

Input powerUSB bus (no external power supply needed)
     Gain Switch20dB range
     Internal power supplies±9V, dual, super-clean analog rails
     Unit Dimensions:3" (7.6cm) L, 1.1" (2.9cm) W, 0.4" (1.1cm) H
     Weight:2.5 ounces (72 grams)

guerillaw likes this.
  14. TheVortex
    Seems to be a great amp/dac for the price. Especially for £71 at current rate here in U.K. I will compare it with my fiio E10K when it arrives from Massdrop.

15. badmojo
    thanks.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last