Review by Spekkio: Unique Melody Miracle
Nov 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #16 of 49
Spekkio, thanks for this truly honest review. A number of people mentioned complaints about the Miracle's sound before and their complaints were overshadowed by a few people who each wrote many and/or long posts praising it (that's true generally on head-fi). I think it's nice to have a balance and I would say that you can take down your disclaimer--I never meant to mention a quality control issue as a way of brushing aside what you were hearing. Buying from UM means shipping to and from China, so they had better darn well make sure they are sending out exactly what they want people to hear. Again, no need for a disclaimer, I only intended to help, nothing else. My apologies.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #18 of 49
Thanks for the awesome review Spekkio, i recently received my miracles too. Serial nos 3541, just 6 in front of  you.  I've Been using them a week and i've found the same thing, they're a little less spectacular than the demos i tried. I cant quite place my finger on what the difference is though, been meaning to go down again and try the demos again to see what it is. Did you try them at Stereo?

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #19 of 49
Thanks for the awesome review Spekkio, i recently received my miracles too. Serial nos 3541, just 6 in front of  you.  I've Been using them a week and i've found the same thing, they're a little less spectacular than the demos i tried. I cant quite place my finger on what the difference is though, been meaning to go down again and try the demos again to see what it is. Did you try them at Stereo?

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #23 of 49
i don't have a miracle, but i too have tried the universal set. i found it perfect for me, but thanks for the heads up about the custom version guys, its always good to hear honest opinions.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #24 of 49
Maybe we should start buying the universal customs instead? :p

Otherwise, have any of you with the custom version tried putting tips on your IEMs? Would it even work? Heh.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #25 of 49
I gotta ask, seeing as the sound tube is so long, how does that affect you? I mean, If I put my universal IEM's long enough in, it kinda hurts me (sound bloated, bass overwhelming and stuff). What's your though?

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #26 of 49
Eh... the sound tube isn't exactly long for a custom. The bone conduction may increase the bass and all, but this should be something they factor in when they design the earphone. And although it is 'long', it should not hurt because it is made to fit your ear. It should just feel like a tight seal. And yes, I have tried putting tips on my customs, since my ear canals are small in size. It increases the treble and decreases the bass, but, that is not the point of buying a custom. You lose all the advantages of the isolation from the custom. And not to mention you may just be better off with a universal for that kind of money.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 49
still trying to make sense of my miracle experience...
i'm using them eq'd because stock, i simply cant get into them.

I have never been so polarized about a headphone before...  i love them, i hate them.. it seems like every other time i put them on i feel differently abut them.
I cant make sense of the bass at all.  its like its too much and not enough all at once.   the bass notes sound muffled and without note definition, the overall sound of the earphone mids and highs are distant, and veiled.  Unless i eq them i have no interest in their stock sound, and even eq'd I am perplexed.  and when i eq them i feel i've gotten them sounding about as good as possible.  eq'd they sound a lot better, but still seem lacking compared to the LCD-2, enough so that i just get frustrated.

while the lcd-2 seems to make everything sound good, i feel like song to song the miracles are very hit or miss. 
overall i keep feeling like all the sounds are jumbling together, like there is not enough space for them so the definition of the music gets lost. 
bass guitar passages, or heavy metal songs that are just effortless and sound as natural as if they were being played in front of me on the LCD-2, just sound jumbled, without definition, muddy, on the miracles
I keep feeling like i've almost got them sounding really good with eq, and then i listen again and i'm not happy.

maybe part of the issue is comparing them with the LCD-2's because they just dont sound as good... and mind you i'm driving the 2's out of a pico slim at the moment, so i can only imagine when the stacker II arrives how large the gap will become.

i can say this, if these were'nt customs, I'm almost certain that i would have put them up for sale by now. 

and yet... these still seem to sound better than any universals i've ever heard.  sometimes when i'm listening everything sounds really good. 

good grief...

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #28 of 49
Don't worry, I share your experiences. Comparing them to the Stax, I just want to throw them in the dustbin. The Stax has amazing clarity and the best speed I have ever heard on any headphone / earphone. But that's a parallel which may not be entirely fair / accurate. 

I find that, at this price point, having to use an equalizer with a custom in order to even remotely enjoy them is blasphemy. So maybe they're just not for you, as they aren't for me. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #29 of 49
Quote:
I find that, at this price point, having to use an equalizer with a custom in order to even remotely enjoy them is blasphemy. So maybe they're just not for you, as they aren't for me. 

Definitely agree! I really really hope I'm among those that find the Miracles to their liking. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #30 of 49
well, it sucks that selling them means taking a pretty big loss, and that the only other custom that sounds like it would really shine is the SE 5 way and that it can only be bought in europe, which means i'd need a surrogate :wink:

ugg.. what a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back