[Review] Brainwavz M4
Mar 29, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #61 of 154

Quote:
The treble is recessed in comparison to the bass, but the mids are recessed in comparison to the highs.  So my V would look something like this:

\
 \_/

Obviously it's not this deep, but just to illustrate my point.

I have to add though that I find it to have more of a subbass:midbass balance than a typical v-curve does, so it would look more like
_
  \
    \__/

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #62 of 154

Quote:
I have to add though that I find it to have more of a subbass:midbass balance than a typical v-curve does, so it would look more like
_
  \
    \__/

Yes, I do hear that too.  It's got a large amount of sub-bass, which can make it smack you silly at first.  However, as it burns in, it tones down :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #63 of 154
I really hope the bass gets tighter and less boomy after a few days of burn-in. Right now it hurts my ears...

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #64 of 154

Quote:
I really hope the bass gets tighter and less boomy after a few days of burn-in. Right now it hurts my ears...

It should.  IDK if it'll be enough for you, but hopefully it is. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #65 of 154
I'm still burning in my second pair, got about 25 hours or so on them so far. On both pairs I'm hearing an initial mid bass hump that slowly smooths out and starts to balance with increasing sub bass. Sent my first pair back due to defects before I could even finish burn in, but that's the trend I'm hearing so far on both of them. I didn't really hear much sub bass on either pair until they got a couple hours on them.

Aside from the first defective pair, I'm really enjoying them so far. After four years of thinking my CX300's were the be all and end all of sound quality, it's amazing to hear something with more clarity.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #66 of 154
I know that the driver flex will become my concern abput these earphones one day. After 2 months of usage my right earphone has lost its sound.
frown.gif
I have already contacted Mp4Nation about this issue. Will send my M4 for investigation and possible replacement soon.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #67 of 154
Anyone recommend a replacement tip for these in a size small?  The stock silicon tips hurt so freaking bad and I wasnt a big fan of the 1 set of foam ones it came with.  Will Shure Olives fit?

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #68 of 154

Quote:
Anyone recommend a replacement tip for these in a size small?  The stock silicon tips hurt so freaking bad and I wasnt a big fan of the 1 set of foam ones it came with.  Will Shure Olives fit?

I've found that Sony hybrid tips seal very well with these, and those actually come in 2 sizes of small.

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #71 of 154
How do you think that these compare to the dunu dephaes? I'm trying to decide on which one to get.

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #72 of 154

Quote:
How do you think that these compare to the dunu dephaes? I'm trying to decide on which one to get.

Hephaes have a similar signature, but more bass than the M4s.  The Hephaes can sound slightly muddy at times as well, something the M4s don't do as often.  If you want more bass, Hephaes is a great bass-head phone, but M4s offer much better highs and mids (as well as more controlled bass).

Apr 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #73 of 154
Okay, i think im going with the m4s. Thanks a lot! 
smile.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #74 of 154

Quote:
I know that the driver flex will become my concern abput these earphones one day. After 2 months of usage my right earphone has lost its sound.
frown.gif
I have already contacted Mp4Nation about this issue. Will send my M4 for investigation and possible replacement soon.

The driver flex on my M4 is much worse with the right earphone than it is on the left.. It's rather annoying but they do sound pretty good despite the driver flex issues I'm having. Even though I don't use them much I hope my M4 doesn't suffer the same fate as yours but I suspect they will eventually..
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #75 of 154
Just received my pair.
Bass is a bit too much, driver flex is annoying and it's the second most sensitive IEM I own, right after the X-ears IEMs I have (they have even more driver flex too).
A chin slider is midding and the clip cannot be used as a replacement as on the HiSound Crystal. A good amount of tips but most are too small or too large.
Nice packaging and I am curious on how they will burn-in.
They're so sensitive they hiss on my D4 (laptop connected) so I won't use them on my laptop setup. That's a bummer, but I did buy them as backup for use with my Sansa Clip. They seem to isolate well. Treble is there, vocals come out front but bass is very dominating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back