[REVIEW] Brainwavz M2 - beyond gamma
Jul 4, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #48 of 124
Thats a little interesting to hear, i've been reading up on the m2 for a few days then i used the 50/50 at my friends and i thought they sounded fantastic. What about comfort, i have about a 1 hour ride to work everyday, do they sit well in the ears and feel nice?

Jul 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #49 of 124
Just picked these up and have used them on my busy commute a couple of days...
   Sound is good, comfort and isolation are so-so. The housings are rather long and though comfortable they pop out of my ears a bit with the stock silicons. They tend to hang out of the ears as well. So far I am a bit disappointed actually but hopefully I will get used to them! I haven't tried them with complys yet either but that helped a lot with my DDMs so I may give it a try!

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #51 of 124
They may look goofy doing this but I found they worked rather well when I looped them over ear, it helped reduce microphonics a bit and helped them to stay in my ears very well. This is a different IEM but try wearing them like this:

Quote:
Just picked these up and have used them on my busy commute a couple of days...
   Sound is good, comfort and isolation are so-so. The housings are rather long and though comfortable they pop out of my ears a bit with the stock silicons. They tend to hang out of the ears as well. So far I am a bit disappointed actually but hopefully I will get used to them! I haven't tried them with complys yet either but that helped a lot with my DDMs so I may give it a try!

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #55 of 124
I made my purchase about 11 days back, they arrived to me yesterday, 5 hours of use and i can already say that i am quite pleased with what i am hearing. I dropped the idea of using them over the ears with the gliders provided as i didn't like the feeling.
I will try and give some more feedback on Tuesday.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #56 of 124
Short update, bass is really good, i found that burning in did have a effect on the sound mainly in the bass department. Strain reliefs keep coming off not sure if its due to bad design or because i sweat a lot. They sit well in my ear and remain comfortable over long periods which is something i really hoped for as i tend to use them a lot during the day at work.  If i had to point out one design fault on these earphones it would be the L shaped plug, i would much rather have had a 90 degree plug. now back to work.....

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #57 of 124
The strain reliefs are a bit of a bad design as several people (myself included) have had the same issue. I suggest a small drop of glue to help hold them in place.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #58 of 124
I've had the M2's for bout a week now and I must say they sound really great for it's price point. Burning in does have noticeable effects, most notably the bass and a bit on the clarity.

Also I find that wearing them over the ear results in a better fit for me, giving a better seal and of course better SQ.

On a side note, anybody tried the M2's with complys? What's the effect on the SQ?

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #60 of 124
Those who are interested in getting a Brainwavz M2, they are now on preorder, but please do keep an eye on the date, it won't be shipped till sometime between 10th to the 20th of September.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_51&products_id=390

Users who are viewing this thread

Back