[REVIEW] Brainwavz M2 - beyond gamma
Jan 7, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #76 of 124
i got the regular turbines in mail, they turned out to be fakes.  i will either return them or file a claim through paypal
too bad i didnt buy the turbines when amazon had them for 58.99, the deal was right after i bought my m2

i know the golds would be suitable for me, they have killa life time warranty, unfortunately i cant affort the pros, the cheapest gold ive seen is like 249 279 thats way too much for me. my buget is more like 80 when i sell my minidisc man.  where and what is the lowest price for the MTPG?

also how is regualr turbine compare to m2s?

Quote:
Quote:
my m2 came with the glides and foam tips.

how is m2 compare to turbines? do turbines consider upgrade to m2s?

im happy with the m2s but i kinda need more bass for something under 70-80 bucks

I have the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and they are a definite upgrade to the M2 in areas like speed and detail and refinement, and they have strong bass, but it's not really any more bass than the M2.  I don't think you can improve on the M2 bass for that $70-80 bucks.

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #77 of 124

Quote:
i got the regular turbines in mail, they turned out to be fakes.  i will either return them or file a claim through paypal
too bad i didnt buy the turbines when amazon had them for 58.99, the deal was right after i bought my m2

i know the golds would be suitable for me, they have killa life time warranty, unfortunately i cant affort the pros, the cheapest gold ive seen is like 249 279 thats way too much for me. my buget is more like 80 when i sell my minidisc man.  where and what is the lowest price for the MTPG?

also how is regualr turbine compare to m2s?

Quote:
Quote:
my m2 came with the glides and foam tips.

how is m2 compare to turbines? do turbines consider upgrade to m2s?

im happy with the m2s but i kinda need more bass for something under 70-80 bucks

I have the Monster Turbine Pro Gold and they are a definite upgrade to the M2 in areas like speed and detail and refinement, and they have strong bass, but it's not really any more bass than the M2.  I don't think you can improve on the M2 bass for that $70-80 bucks.

I haven't heard the regular turbine in a while, but I believe I would prefer the M2 over them, based on memory.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #78 of 124
I just received my M2s. have only listened for 30 minutes but first impressions are the build quality is top and the overal sound is very clear.
They aren't as dark and bassy as the FA eternas so atm I'm having mixed feelings. The sound is very nice but doesn't have enough body.
Hope it will change the next 30 hours :)

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #79 of 124

I just received my M2s. have only listened for 30 minutes but first impressions are the build quality is top and the overal sound is very clear.

They aren't as dark and bassy as the FA eternas so atm I'm having mixed feelings. The sound is very nice but doesn't have enough body.

Hope it will change the next 30 hours :)

Definitely give them more time.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #82 of 124
Wow what a weird coincidence. My very first IEM was the M2. Bought it cuz everyone here loved it. Really nice.

Then I thought it lacked the bass I was looking for so I got the monster turbine. Perfect, definitely more of my style.

Comparing the 2,

The m2 is really a great IEM in all aspects but not as great as the turbine. The highs and mids on the brainwavz are awesome but they outshine the bass. The bass is kind of in the background and you forget its even there from time to time. Short and impactful but outdone by the performance of the highs and mids.

The turbine's sound signature is different from the m2. They have some oomf and body, really bringing out the music. Highs and mids are not as good but its ok because the bass in them are powerful. It takes no backseat to the highs and mids. 

I am thinking of just selling both for some Turbine Pro Gold.. Im seriously tempted...

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #83 of 124
I bought my M2s around a couple months before my IE8s. My initial impression of the M2s was quite disappointing and off-puting, listening to one of Daft Punk's live performances. I really didn't see what so many people were raving about. I gave it a chance though and quickly fell in love with them.

My experience with the M2s showed me that for the majority of electronica/trance, something was amiss. Whether it was a balance issue or something else, I'm not sure, but most music in this genre just sounded way off (either overpowering or underperforming basslines, mids and/or highs that seemed to be miles away in the distance, etc.). Each song or album almost seemed to have a different set of problems, but even this I accepted because the M2s just so happened to be a match made in heaven for my favorite trance album. I also never noticed any effect of burn-in.

For everything else I listened to, the M2s were gorgeous. Definitely among the warmest (I do love their warmth), most natural and fun-sounding phones I've heard (not saying that I've heard many). That makes it a whole heck of a lot easier for me to overlook their shortcomings and I don't forsee ever parting with them willingly.

Sure, they're not the quickest or most detailed headphones, but they're still a gem in my mind for their asking price. I can only imagine what they'd be like if they played nice with every piece of music.

May 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #84 of 124
I just got mine.

I find them a little bit too bassy (although I haven't done any burn-in). They sound fine with guitar music, yet for rap music they could use a little less emphasis on lows. I would like to bring the voice of a rapper more to the front. I have an Rockbox-enabled player but I'm not very skilled with EQ. Can someone help me out?

Can I safely plug these IEMs to my PC sound card line-out connector? They were probably designed with DAP in mind. Is there any risk involved?

Supposing it's OK, can you recommend me an 'extension cable with volume control' or anything else that will enable comfortable listening on desktop PC? I'm looking for a solution that will not sacrifice sound quality.

Jun 5, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #86 of 124
I just bought these m2s and i love them but i hate that they didnt come with the over the ear guides. Can anyone tell me where i can get the guides please? I need them for running, headphones dont tend to stay in my ear while running. :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #88 of 124
I can not speak about the CKS90 but the CKS70 has more bass than the M2 but at the cost of the rest of the sound spectrum. I gave away my M2 to my brother because they present a nice warm sound that is pleasant for most genres. I still have the CKS70 which my wife uses and it is also nice but only for short bursts due to it's massive bass. I think of the 2 the M2 is the better all round IEM for daily use.

Jun 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #89 of 124
After several days with the m2, they are awesome! I feel they could use a little more bass but they are new so i hoping to break em in a little. Id like to also get the fii0 e5 to see if it improves the bass a little. The treble and mids are amazing. Anyone agreee that the e5 would improve the bass a little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back